What did you do in your modeling workshop today?

Thanks Peter!

Yes - clean house and start something new and meaningful!

4 Likes

Decals on.

19 Likes

Outstanding.

1 Like

Masked and painted the Boarding Ramp components this week. …:paintbrush:

Hydraulics and ramp extension are dry-fit for the moment.

—mike …:flying_saucer:

17 Likes

The tracks…

Pretty favorable impression of 30+ year old Model Kasten tracks, no visible punch marks on the track links to clean up when assembled! Links on turret will need two punch marks removed.

Separate guide teeth, not jazzed about those. However the pin :pushpin: set up is pretty sharp. As bonus there’s fender bolts & turret track holder.

Despite the fiddle factor, they are fun to build.

25 links, three hours…

Will square the guide teeth after the LC dries.

Cleaning remaining links…

13 Likes

Detailed the engine of the Carro Veloce:

Cheers,
Angel

17 Likes

Happy anniversary, I hope you enjoy rebuilding the Jagdpanzer this time as much as you did the first time.

The original build still looks very good.

Watto.:+1:

5 Likes

Thanks Watto. I’m going to enjoy this build very much. Also adding 3D tool clamps, so I’ve got stuff that didn’t exist when I built the first one. Cheers!

7 Likes

That is some lovely intricate detailing Angel … Now it looks like an engine !! :+1:

5 Likes

A nice trip down memory lane Matt … Enjoy the build dude. :+1:

5 Likes

Thanks John. It will be interesting to put them side by side when done.

4 Likes

Boarding Ramp dry-fit session.

“There is no upper-level seating. I do not trust this contraption!” :face_with_monocle:

Thank’s for having a look!
—mike …:flying_saucer:

21 Likes

The hard work done.
Gloss it down tomorrow I think.:pensive:

17 Likes

Is this the Dragon kit? I have one in the stash, along with the Ryefield version. tempted to do a side-by-side build.

1 Like

I really dig the folded rotor blades!
Nice work.

2 Likes

With a late soldering session I finished the wiring for the ignition sparks of C.V. 33 engine:

Put the engine in its compartment:

Cramped!

Cheers,
Angel

14 Likes

Yes, the Dragon kit. OK overall but definition of details is on the decidedly soft side. Of the Abrams kits I have (Dragon, RFM, & new Academy) Academy wins in my view with the sharpest detail, haven’t seen Meng up close though.

1 Like

My first Abrams build was the Meng TUSK I/II, lots of details; good kit.

13 Likes

That looks superb Angel. Great to see another of your masterpieces coming together.

5 Likes