What did you do in your modeling workshop today?

Had a productive morning. Weathered the camo net and made a tarp. Also put a wash on the IDF M113. Managed to get most of the lower hull fittings on the Magach as well.

2 Likes

Shot the last little bit of my Model Master Acryl gloss clear on the 2S4, put some bronze green on the Bundeswehr M48 and figured out why my AK clear won’t run through any of my airbrushes, even though my big ass Iwata R5000.

I usually strain all my AK primers through a fine paint screen to get the chunks out.

It never occurred to me to do the same with AK gloss clear.

I should have taken a picture of the giant chunk of white crap that was in the funnel filter screen.

No wonder it clogged every time. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

After lunch I decided to finish the upper hull on the Magach. It’s 5 pieces 2 of which attach to the upper hull sides. Fit was pretty good but still needed to fill a few gaps. While waiting for that to dry(still waiting) cleaned up the road wheels and assembled them. Also worked the wash on the IDF M113. Gonna be a couple of days till the oil completely dries.

Dug this out of the bottom tote (of 3) after going thru the top 2 for a group build

7 Likes

Sanding…scraping…sanding….repeat…cough…cough…sanding some more.

On my bread bowl and Tamiya 911.

2 Likes

Glad to hear bread is still in your diet! :bread: :grin:

—mike

2 Likes

but its either wholemeal or soaked in milk :grin:

3 Likes

It’s never far away as I like to snack on it for time to time. My current hurdle is I really want to add the back panel/wall detail. Probably on both sides but definitely the outside surface. I have the 1/35 part for reference but the transferring has not gone well. Hence sessions of putty and sanding. :pensive:

Still plenty more to do while planning the wall problem like trimming and sanding all those ammo cans.

2 Likes

Wow that is a spectacularly ugly plane! Those early days were truly interesting…

3 Likes

Hate to be that nose gunner.

2 Likes

My parents home had a crack in the concrete block. There was no crack in the wet season. In the dry season you could almost push your finger into the crack.

Is this plane right side up or upside down?

2 Likes

The shed door is a solid exterior door and too heavy to take off and put back on by myself. I just took off the hardware and used 80 grit on the belt sander. A little exercise but better than fighting the weight of the door.

1 Like

Attached another airbrush holder so everyone can live together:

And did some oil dots and minor washes to the CAT D7E Rome plow. Pigment/oil pastel attempt next…

10 Likes

Wow! Quad AB! I’ve got a Twin setup, not that I’ve been using them much! :smile: Well, at the moment I’m in build mode. :hammer_and_wrench: Spent some time playing “Workbench Roulette”… de-dustifying workbench, cleaning parts, placing sub-assemblies into dust-free ‘Sterilite’ boxes, rotate-in the next work session… :flying_saucer: :bread::bread: general procrastination… :thinking:

—mike

6 Likes

General Procrastination? I’m sure I now serve in his army!.. :cry:

6 Likes

Private Slacker reporting as ordered sir!

7 Likes

This morning I sanded the joints that I puttied yesterday. Once that was done I added the rest of the pieces to the rear engine deck so the basic upper hull is now complete. After lunch finished the running gear, added the swing arms, shocks and idler and drive sprocket mounts. With any luck the lower hull and wheels will get painted tomorrow.

4 Likes

Assembled a fender & gear.

6 Likes

3 Likes