What Do You Do?

I like to buy all the 1/48 Monogram planes and the 1/32 Revell classics. Then they sit in the corner and when I get totally, singed at the edges, clothes smoldering, smoke coming from my hair, eyes glazed over burnt out from armor building. I turn to them. I cleanse my palette. I build a bright shiny airplane, straight OOB, no mods, (correct construction flaws) and bang! A fun, clean, fast build. Maybe one more to fully cleanse the soul. Planes are so easy. Then I hang them from the ceiling in my Grandson’s room to get rid of them.

3 Likes

Yes, with the starboard side made of clear plastic! Nope it was the port side. Damn, can’t recall anymore. Man, have not thought about that one in years. Late 60’s yes? It was a main stay of the bathtub wars… until the springs rusted out. :joy:

You just needed more clothes pins and rubber bands. ALL gaps can be closed with enough rubber bands. Copious amounts of tube glue will help the joints ooze together.

1 Like

LOL with a tube of this right?

s-l400 (13)

2 Likes

Aspergers and Pervasive Developmental Disorder were previously independent diagnoses but (along with Childhood Disintegrative Disorder) have been folded into the diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder in 2013 by American Psychiatric Association (APA) in the U.S., in The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition (DSM-5). The U.K. utilises The World Health Organization (WHO) classification system called the International Classification of Diseases (ICD), currently ICD-10, in which both autism and Asperger’s syndrome are classed as ‘pervasive developmental disorders’…
I was diagnosed as an Aspie only a few years ago when I was approaching retirement age, previously having just been regarded as a “Weird Tw@”, even by myself. I was fortunate to be part of a generation where it was acceptable for persons in authority (primarily schoolteachers) to use pain and the threat thereof to instill acceptable patterns of behavior (and even more fortunate the methods used were less harsh than those applied to my father’s generation).

Regards,

M

I to have reasons that i could go into about the subject. That book I referenced I think would be of fascination to you also. If at all at least read the reviews about it.

1 Like

Brute force and ignorance - my two favourite tools! :grin:

Back then I didn’t really notice gaps, or try to make them go away. But then I also left most of my kits in raw plastic with only some details painted. Oh the simplicity of youth!

4 Likes

I suspect it is still that ways for kids starting out today. I was that way myself. I can remember when I first started painting. Lemon yellow and grass green were my choice for a spitfire. That Testors brush was no help either. Today however I find myself building fewer kits. I have built a set of expectations for myself that become limiting. Anymore if I put all the effort into building a kit, I want it contest worthy. I know you should just build for fun and enjoyment. Think of it this way. If you were shooting targets for years, you will have built up an expectation for how well you score. If someone said just go and shoot without worrying about putting a target up, you would just think it is a waste of ammo.

2 Likes