What if...Urban Assault

Thanks Vlad. Im still unsure… plating with the idea of the French urban scheme currently. Oh decisions… decisions…

1 Like

White - light Grey - Mid Grey - Black or green Splinter ------ :grin: Again lol

1 Like

Alright already… I heard ya- just choosing to ignore you - for now… :upside_down_face:

1 Like

First Primer time. Nice bit of homogeneity… Some drop in bits still to be tweaked before primer, but this is making good progress. My builds are typical month on 3 months off. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Nice start Paul. Is the slatted armour going to be a nause when you do the final hull pattern ? Will you leave it one colour or mimic the hull pattern ?

Thank you John. I not sure tbh. I’m toying with is being “aligned” with the hull pattern, But I can see that getting very complicated. Need to think a bit more on that.

1 Like

Looking great!

2 Likes

Shooty sticks on and primed. Everything just tacked together to get the “FEEL” !
As it is just tacked together for these shots the turret is sitting quite high and forward of its proper position, so it wont actually foul the hull hatch or present such a shot trap in the final product

A few of my club buddies have said the 2 gun set up makes it look a bit SPAAGish…I can see it, but my thought process is high elevation required for higher urban structures, with a secondary capability to engage rotary and UAV targets as would be expected in modern urban environiments. Both 30mm also able to engage at differing elevations simultaneously.

3 Likes

Paul, just a thought somewhat late in the day, but assuming a high rate of fire - including suppressive (you know the sort of thing - brass up a whole block of flats just to make people get their heads down), I just wonder if there’s sufficient room for ammo? Perhaps some sort of armoured hoppers on the turret sides both sides of the guns? Of course, you might say that the ammo is all in the hull although I thought that that might be an engineering nightmare when traversing though God knows I’m no engineer; such an addition might also beef up the turret a little as it does, to my mind look a bit weedy on such an overall chunky beast.

I must stress this is just a niggly thought and not intended as a project hijack! I also have to say that I could get really into these sort of What-Ifs - all very inspirational.

1 Like

Fair point Brian. I’ll play around with some ideas later and see what I come up with.

1 Like

I feel guilty now; I wasn’t nagging, honest!

1 Like

Yes you were :joy: lol

Oops! Busted!

1 Like

No worries - this is Constructive Feedback… Turret is a drop in module, unmanned a-la Puma type, so ammo stowage would not be too much of an issue. :wink:
But I have still bulked it up a bit
IMG_20210126_213228|690x480

1 Like

Having some problems with pic uploardsso so trying again

5 Likes

That’s a nice fast field mod for extra ammo… Looks good :+1:

1 Like

Thank you John.
I have to say I am really enjoying this particular project. :blush: I try to have at least 1 WHIF build a year and I’m already thinking of the next one, poss a Jagd of some description, probably on a Leo Hull. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I have to agree, they do look good fun and allows for a nice level of creativity. Since watching your great efforts here I had begun thinking of doing one…
I always see Chieftain and Leo kits going for decent low amounts on evil bay and sometimes the occasional M1 or Chally1… Which would be the hull sorted… Food for thought …
Looking forward to the next instalment :+1:

1 Like

Paul, I hadn’t realised the idea was that of an unmanned turret - brilliant - but clearly a “Duh” moment on my part, of which I seem to be having far too many these days

2 Likes

Let call it an inspired solution to a problem not previously considered… :grin:

So let’s share the “Duh” moment :+1:

1 Like