What the postman brought today (AeroScale)

This epic thread was started on July 24, 2008 by Steffen Arndt (alpha_tango) and over the years gathered 4,174 replies and 820,449 views over 168 pages. It is definitely one that needs to be kept alive to carry on here.

If you have a few minutes to spare, go back to the original thread, pick a page at random and start reading. It is very interesting to see what kits and which users are there.

I’m going to kick off the second chapter with an old classic (along with the Vac conversion kit that led me to chase it down).

I’m also a fan of sitting in a comfy chair with a coffee (or cold beer) and browsing the old-fashioned hard-copy, so I grabbed a second hand book that has some good reviews.

Ok folks, we are up and running. Let’s see what you’ve added to the production line!

Cheers, D

4 Likes

Nice one, glad this thread has been resurrected over too the new forums, its always interesting to see what everyone has bought.
My newest addition is the Anigrand Craftworks 1/144th Nimrod MR.2, which I picked up at less then half price at an auction.

Andy :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve added quite a few to my stash. I used to have these in my stash but sold them. Now they are back!

cover cover
cover cover
cover cover

These are new.
cover cover cover cover cover cover

5 Likes

I always liked the Hasegawa box arts.

http://shigeokoike.com/en

1 Like

Great idea for a restart, D! :+1:

This didn’t come with the postman but it was a direct delievery to our last club meeting in October (most likely the last for 2020 … :frowning_face: ) Another fine Eduard limited dual combo … :slightly_smiling_face:

… and I’m most interested in “Yellow 17” with a rather unusual camo …

2 Likes

Enjoy Torsten, Yellow ‘17’ is my favorite of the bunch too :slightly_smiling_face:

Andy [betheyn] kindly sent me this to review

Rowan kindly sent me this Short Sunderland to review. I’m planning to do a build also, so watch out for that soon :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Today was the first chance I’ve had to get out of the house since lockdown here in Vic has been eased so I took myself off to the LHS to acquire a few badly needed supplies (it’s the furthest I’ve been from home in 6 months) and look what happened to fall into my basket… :crazy_face:

Now I know I made a promise to myself that I would acquire no new kits until the stash was substantially reduced, but this kit is one I’ve lusted after for some time as it comes with this decal scheme, so I’m sure you’ll forgive me my momentary lapse of resolve :innocent:

Besides, it was at a good price and since the owner tells me they’ve been thinking of selling up and moving up north, I couldn’t not purchase it :grin:

4 Likes

Which store Russ?

Brunel in Cheltenham… :astonished:

Always sad to see them go, I’ve bought a few items from there over the years. I used to work based out of Braeside a few years back and Brunel was a quick detour on my way in to town.

Hehe… Always good to mix business with pleasure… :blush:

Sad as it seems, they’re looking to retire and sell the business on, so hopefully it keeps going with new owners🤞

1 Like

Collected a couple of items from the postie today.

First up is an old classic, still factory sealed. This one might sit in the stash for a few more years yet!

Next up is an add-on to a kit I picked up recently. @Holdfast Mal, I blame you mate!

And lastly, another RAAF project that I have been chasing for a while now.

Cheers, D

7 Likes

I take absolutely no responsibility if you use those Montex masks! The material that they use is Oramask 810! :anguished:

1 Like

Over the last couple of months the postie has been busy with a storm :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain: and an USAF fire & rescue truck

2 Likes

That’s quite a few Typhoons there Lucky.
Well the postie bought this for me today, been after it for quite a while as I have a Eduard BigSin set for it.
And I do love the look of the Israeli F-16’s.

Andy :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Typical Lucky, a Squadron at a time! :smiley:

1 Like

Mail Call!

Not my usual fare you might well think, but think again my friends, for this is another chapter in my RAAF story!

http://www.adf-serials.com.au/henschel126.htm

Not exactly our most numerous type, but an interesting addition and definitely a conversation starter!

Cheers, D

5 Likes

Nice one D :slightly_smiling_face:

Yep, the RAAF have operated some obscure & interesting types over the years… I’m planning a Hawker Typhoon in tropical colours that was used for evaluation purposes by the RAAF unbeknownst to many :hugs:

1 Like