What the postman brought today (AeroScale)

Wonder if that’s for the Matchbox 1/48? Have a couple of those. Didn’t even know a set was available for it.

Yes, the Matchbox model. I didn’t know they had one in 48 scale either. I’ve seen a few references about building it and people say to use the Matchbox fuselage and the Monogram or Tamiya wings.

1 Like

That’s something I hadn’t thought of doing. Wonder how easy that would be to do? Been a while since I’ve looked in box of either kit, but didn’t the E have different undercarriage doors?

Have you had any takers for the cockpit yet?

Hi Stephen, I found a few articles at other modeling sites. But I did not know that there is a 1/48 E out there either until I received this set. I have no knowledge about the differences in the airframes other than this one had side by side seating for the huge cockpit.

I do still have the set. If you’re interested, send me a PM or email and we can work out the details.

1 Like

The box art shows aircraft “14” of the remarkable Sergeant (don’t know the japanese equivalent) Masao Itagaki. In late 1944 and early 1945 he brought down 2 B-29 by ramming and was awarded the Bukosho medal twice. Only 4 soldiers were awarded the medal twice. He survived the rammings with nearly no scatches (he, not his aircrafts …) and survived the war. By the end of the war he was only 19 years old … I have built aircraft “14” out of the 1/48 Hasegawa kit some years ago. The kit has its “challenges”, at least in quarterscale … :wink:

Fred, I would call the P-38 as the best looking aircraft of WW2, but everyone has a different fav, I believe …

1 Like

Thanks Fred, I have just remembered I have a copy of FSM somewhere of a build that I’m sure used this set.
I’m going to have a look for it and see what it says and get back to you.
I’ve got about 4 of these A-1E’s. One original Matchbox and the others are the more recent Revell USA boxings. I picked those really cheap from a discount store a couple of years ago.

1 Like

The Breguet has a nice purposeful look to it. Now I just need to get some decals for it, amongst other things.
As far as removing molded on markings/decal locators goes, I’ve usually sanded off the raised type, or filled in and sanded the recessed type.
BTW, doesn’t somebody make resin or 3D printed wicker type seats for WWI aircraft in 1/48?

1 Like

Got the AK modern IAF set for the IDf campaign and the F16 C I’m doing for that, and the AK late US Air Pacific colours for the F4F that I ordered today.

Also arrived, the Quinta studio cockpit details for the F16.

Really impressed with the Quinta stuff, good knows how they get that detail.

7 Likes

The Quinta stuff is truly awesome. If I’m doing something with an open canopy I’m using them. I will warn about the seatbelts - I, at least, haven’t figured out how to use them - they are breaky rather than bendy.

3 Likes

Nice!!!

Where did you find the Starfighter EZ Rigging? I am trying to find the 1/72 EZ rigging for the Curtiss SOC Seagull.

I found it on eBay. I think I got the stuff from a store Rebel Alfa.

1 Like

I’ve bought from Rebel Alpha before. I bought the cockpit interior for my Seagull, and some detail sets for the old Monogram biplanes. I hope I can find one of the rigging sets. I don’t need it but I’m getting old, lazy and ready to start going for convenience.

I’ve been getting more and more detail stuff from RA lately. Those etched rigging wires sound like a godsend. You ought to be able to order the set you’re looking for directly from Starfighter.

Postie dropped this off earlier.

Will open it up and see what it looks like a bit later. It’s for the Guadalcanal group build :+1:

12 Likes

New project to start just need a Centreline hard point. Tamiya does not include one.

9 Likes

VF 84 JRs, my favourite livery for the finish :+1:

Hi Carlos, yeah, I like Rebel Alpha. Have not ordered anything for a while. Unfortunately Starfighters show their Seagull rigging out of stock. I wrote to them but I haven’t heard from them. The evil Bay search continues. All my best, Fred

1 Like

Envious and excited to see what the model looks like as you build it. I read Fighter Squadron Guadalcanal last year and I am very stoked to build some Wildcats.

1 Like

It’s been started :+1:

Some more goodies have arrived (plus a ton of aftermarket stuff)

7 Likes