What the postman brought today (AeroScale)

Treated myself to this oldie on my way home tonight.

Might pick up a couple more. Definitely want to do one in South Vietnamese colours and maybe another in Omani markings from the time of the Dhofar War. And that’s not to mention the civvie schemes! I’m hoping Xtradecal will treat us to a sheet of Beavers in the new year.

8 Likes

Early Xmas gift from the UK. Planning to convert my Accurate Miniatures P-51 to represent the prototype Mustang, NA-73X. Falcon canopy and resin T-6 wheels. Unfortunately the outer wheels still have the hubcaps on them, which NA-73X didn’t have…

5 Likes

Mmmmmmm …Beaver…

2 Likes

Its here! I just got home from the hospital (had stents put in) and it was waiting for me. Grandkids got it for me off ebay. BANZAI !!!

10 Likes

Well then, happy building and good health!

1 Like

Black Friday sale at Andy’s Hobbies
Going to build it in Black Aces livery

10 Likes

I picked this up today for my Luke AFB collection…

9 Likes

Nice to know I’m not the only one buying oldies!
The old Matchbox Panther arrived today. Always wanted one when I was a kid, but the old model shop (sadly long gone) just never seemed to get any. And it’s still sealed!

I might do a dual build in the new year alongside their Skyknight.

10 Likes

Everytime I see that plane I think of the movie, The Bridges at Toko- Ri. With William Holden.

3 Likes

I haven’t seen that one in years. From what I can tell from a little research online, it might be one of the aircraft used in the film. Same squadron, same carrier and the time period (VF-192, Oriskany, 1954). Only way to be sure would be to check it against those seen in the film.
I might go with the Marine markings though as that one is a Korean based aircraft. I’ve done very little from that war and I want to try to set that straight.

1 Like

This beauty arrived from @Klaus-Adler sale.

7 Likes

Items I’ve had on back order at my LHS finally came in…

This one’s going straight to the top of the build list (immediately after I finish HMS Dauntless) together with the Airfix Swordfish for my planned Illustrious trilogy!

along with

and together with these decals I pilfered from Academy’s version of the P-40N kit, will be the first of a series of planned RAAF planes

which will be followed by

For which I picked up the mask set

I’m hoping to follow these up with Airfix’s Beaufighter and Beaufort kits with High planes DAP conversion sets… :innocent:

7 Likes

During the week, this decal set that I found arrived

Now, an excuse to pick up another P-51…

3 Likes

Any particular reason that you wanted that set?

I wanted the Yeager markings. This guy had them for a VERY good affordable price on eBay, so I pulled the trigger.

1 Like

That’s quite a haul, Russell! :+1:

2 Likes

you know it, Torsten :innocent:

Actually it’s getting to the point where my wish list is almost zero. A couple more kits and I’m done: Beaufighter; and Beaufort… Unless there’s a new tool of a Walrus or Arado Ar196 :grin:

2 Likes

while my wish list is still constantly growing…

5 Likes

I got this today

13 Likes

I wish Tamiya did the B version too and not shop it out to Italeri.