What the postman brought today (Armorama)

Late delivery from my brother for Christmas. Looks a really nice kit haveing a look through the box. 2 kits in 1 box as well.

5 Likes

2 tank kits in one package… nice! :smirk:

1 Like

At our AMPS meeting the hobby shop owner did a impromptu raffle where I won the Model Master Rust weathering marker (going to try that on the A4 base build) and a club member gave me a German figure. The Tamiya is for the Bulgarian obsession.

Anyone know anything about this figure, who made it or type of uniform? Google breaks when searching for WW2 German figures pointing with binos. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Pressies!

First up, another of @recceboy Anthony Sewards’ fantastic reference CDs. If you’re ever needing info on Canadian armour, these are the places to get it.

And some more wonderful Czech resin

5 Likes

Got this before the year end. Thing is huge and as long as an IDF Puma with Urban Dozer blade fully extended.

10 Likes

That’s really cool looking. Not sure what your timeline is for building it, but it would fit in real well here in May Lifting the Fog of War: Command and Control

Oh, thanks for the heads up Canmedic. If this starts May 2022 then I might join in.

1 Like

Please tell me that the radar/antenna array is not PE.

Not what the postman bought but something we found whilst clearing out my parents house, would have been a purchase of mine about 35 years ago…

5 Likes

Plastic frame with PE-mesh front

5 Likes

Hi Armorsmith,

The main radar structure are in plastic and the Radar “mesh” is in PE unlike the Panzershop kit wherein its all in PE.

I’d like to see this built here

1 Like

Do they supply some kind of jig to get all the bends correctly? Really would like to see this one built, especially that radar array.

Hi Armorsmith,

No Jig but I can see you can easily work the PE to cradle on the plastic radar support and take the full shape.

Visit to Sprue Bro’s for tow cable ends and only tow cable ends for existing kits in the stash, quickly escalated out of control :flushed:

TRex has a lot of spiffy products :flushed: and like Tiger tracks & T-72 lights. Can you really ever have enough of either?:heart_eyes:

Yes, the box art sold it to me. I don’t need it and don’t want any more Panther Ausf anything but that box art :two_hearts: :heart: :heartpulse: :sparkling_heart: I just want to build because of the pretty picture :laughing: :rofl: :joy: :joy_cat:

Have a G2 and my OCD & mathematical natural said if one has a G2, one should also have a G1. Only logical explanation & reasoning.

That is all - now back to boycotting China :cn:

15 Likes

I have that Meng Jagdpanther kit, am about halfway through - beautiful kit! You will love it. I also have a set of TRex tracks, those are game changers for me, I wouldn’t use anything else when possible. But i’m not so sold on TRex other sundry printed items, the accessories seem to be printed in a much lower resolution than the tracks, so tracks good… accessories not so perhaps (although the plastic boxes the accessories come in are very handy!).

3 Likes

The box art is always half the puchase, Wade. Same happens to me when I see all the lovely aircraft box arts from Eduard … :grin:

Good on ya! I also try to avoid chinese products wherever possible. Let’s support Lithuania instead. :lithuania: They are on the black list of China … :astonished:

2 Likes

My Landshipmodeling ST-26 bridge layer and track jig arrived.

Check out James’s build thread. :+1:

7 Likes

So… I kept true to not purchasing anymore new kits until after New Years… well, I ordered this one before New Years due to a limited time 20% off deal… but then I did not pay until Jan 2nd, so that counts. This arrived in the mail on Friday. Anyways this is Italeri’s old 90’s vintage 1/35 Porsche Tiger kit, Dr. Porsche’s competition against the Henschel design.

When I get around to building this one, I will modify it into the sole example that saw combat as a command tank on the eastern front in 1944.

6 Likes