What the postman brought today (Armorama)

well, we tried… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

and tried, and tried…

I think it was the Swedish side that rejected the attempts …

1 Like

Hannants just got them in.

Cheers,

M

1 Like

Thanks mate.
I’ve had to self isolate this week, but once that’s over I’m going round to my local shop to check if they have some.

1 Like

When I did a Lateral Flow Test the test cassette emitted a pulsating blood-red glow, the skies darkened and there came the sound of a great bell tolling while a deep voice intoned “Unclean, Unclean!”. This wasn’t mentioned in the instructions so I took it as a negative…
:smiling_imp:

Cheers,

M

3 Likes

These three arrived from Osprey Publishing today for me to review.

5 Likes

Well that hasn’t happened to me yet!

I have to do two a week for my job and I got a positive last week. No other symptoms and I’ve felt perfectly fine. I got an extra week off work, so used it to get cracking on a Mirage for the Made in France campaign.
My test this morning is a negative, the first in over a week. If tomorrow’s comes back the same I’m finally free to leave the house!

2 Likes

Not the postman, I popped into the North East Model Centre and picked these up for two of my British armour builds which I have planned. They come in a very sturdy box with instructions on sling placement and colours with the slings supplied as etch. They look just fine to me and will nicely finish the kits off.

9 Likes

Robin, I think the postman just dropped it off at my house, in Arizona. LoL

2 Likes

Wouldn’t surprise me the least …
:rofl:

1 Like

These look great. Wonder if they’ll sell just the figure sprures?

2 Likes

I’ve ordered once a separate sprue from Italeri, and it was promptly delivered(cost me 10 EUR IIRC, 5 EUR for the sprue and 5 EUR for the shipping to Bulgaria).

You just need to ask Italeri’s Customer Service:
https://www.italeri.com/en/contacts

Cheers,
Angel

1 Like

It would be nice but these seem to be the weapon and webbing sprues from the 3 modern British sets currently available from Gecko.

4 Likes

Good info, Thanks!

My efforts to return to model building continue. Having undergone rigorous decontamination procedures (they sat in the garage for a few days), I can now reveal my latest acquisitions.

The radio truck was an impulse purchase because I wanted to try something from ICM and it was relatively cheap. It will probably get built in the next month or two but I have no aspirations to make anything amazing of the kit.

The two ounce dropper bottles were purchased to hold Vallejo airbrush cleaner, airbursh thinner, airbrush flow improver, and thinning medium.

The ball bearings will serve as mixing assists in Vallejo paint bottles.

The Elvex safety glasses provide full lens, 1.625 magnification in a comfortable frame. I originally purchased them for shooting but discovered they work great for model building. Unfortunately, the frames have a weak spot where they consistently break, necessitating Erkle repairs. These are slightly more powerful replacements for glasses that broke about a week ago.

When the decal stuff and clear coats show up I may actually get something done. Onward.

6 Likes

I grabbed that kit when it first came out. A fun build. No interior, though. There was the promise of one, but it never came out, as far as I could tell. I scratch-built a decent interior, from photos.

I’ve cut off your arm! 'Tis only a flesh wound …

2 Likes

Went to the LHS the other day and grabbed the last Einheitsdiesel Pritschenwagen in stock:
IMG_20220219_165445

I have a spare Tamya Horch 1a to donate the right wheels for this truck type, will get Part’s “Engine Hood for Einheitsdiesel” to replace the wrong engine hood side panels and plenty of styrene to rework the wrong rear spare boxes.

Will only need to find a way to build a MAN Diesel logo for the radiator grille and I’ll have the perfect Bulgarian MAN G2 Artillery Tractor:
IMG_20220128_063941

Cheers,
Angel

6 Likes

Decontamination from what?