What the postman brought today (AutoModeler)

Something slightly out of character for me, stumbled across this one on a local Facebook BSS page and couldn’t pass it up. I had no idea that it even existed, but I’ve recently started a sales role with Bosch Power Tools and Dremel is a Bosch Group company so the tools are part of my sales brief.

Apparently this is a Toyota TF102.

toyota tf102 dremel* - Scale Modeling Search (scalemates.com)

I’ve never built an open-wheeler, but I’ve also got a Hasegawa Ferrari F189 stashed away, so the opportunity is there now for another one of my dual-build projects down the track.

Cheers, D

4 Likes

Join the fun mate, dual build time!

Cheers, D

Nice acquisitions, guys.

Never knew Dremel had an F1 car. That’s pretty cool.

Jim

D
a rare find for sure.

All I knew was that back in 2002 the Toyota TF102 was Red & White with the main sponsorship coming from Panasonic. I never heard of Dremel being a main sponsor with the car painted Blue & White as on the Box top. So I searched via Mr. Google and he couldn’t come up with a single picture or reference to that car.

So now I’m even more curious as to where those markings came from. Scalemates only lists the kits for 2006 as new decals. If the kit is opened, can you check the instructions as there’s always a few paragraphs on the car. I’d love to know more as I can’t believe that Revell just made it up which makes no sense.

joel

@Joel_W , I haven’t picked it up from the post office yet. As soon as I do I will jump straight in and see what it says. Like you, I was curious and went straight to an interne t search but couldn’t find any references to a real Dremel F1 car, only this model kit. I’m thinking it might have been a promotional deal between Revell and Dremel.

Chewers, D

D,
I sure hope not. As if it’s a real car, then the value of the kit just went up again besides being a very rare kit. Maybe you could sell it and retire in style.

joel

Well I finally managed to get to the Post Office to collect the latest acquisition!
The box is showing some shelf wear but the contents are pristine.

Box front and back

Kit in factory sealed bag

Instructions front sheet

Scheme A and decals

Scheme B and decals

And so I started doing some digging on the Dremel/F1 relationship.

Dremel was a sponsor of the Stryker F1 team which raced for one year in 2007, and the schemes in the kit appear to be fictitious and for promotional purposes. I can only find one image showing the Dremel name on a Stryker car.

Plus some other references.

www.chicanef1.com/indiv.pl?name=Dremel&type=S

F1 is definitely not my strong point, so if anybody else can find anything further I would be most interested and grateful.

Cheers, D

2 Likes

That’s a small decal for someone big on details. :joy:

I’ve been looking for this one for a while now, got delivered today! Still in original factory plastic as well :heart_eyes:

It’s gone in the stash right beside these 2 :grin:

I think I might have just decided on my next trilogy build project :sunglasses:

Cheers, D

4 Likes

D,
Those are two really classics for sure. looking forward to your triple build of that trio.

Been tinkering with the idea of a few really old classics as an alternate break from one race car after another.
Just might be a good idea for a GB down the road.

joel

2 Likes

Great buy, love Duesenberg’s. I have one of the roadster and town car, two of the torpedo phaeton kit’s. One of the later build as a rusty worn out car.
I saw another roadster for sale, locally, but someone beat me to it.

1 Like

Some resin goodies I picked up from an online clearance, these will add some flavour to the Farm Hack Jeep!
The Oil Drum comes with a white metal pump handle which looks really good.

Cheers, D

3 Likes

Great stuff D. Not often you come across these kind of items, in this scale; cool.

The trilogy will be a doozy !

1 Like

@RDT1953

Model Expo 22 was on last weekend here in Melbourne, it’s our national model show and hasn’t been on for a couple of years due to Covid restrictions. I spent the day there Sunday and hit the Swap and Sell to see what bargains I could find. I walked out with a box of goodies at super cheap prices :sunglasses:

The 40 Ford and 39 Chev are both started, but the rest are complete and unstarted. The CMP is another kit for my 1/35 Aussie Farm diorama project. The 32 Chevy can be built standard as pictured, but also comes with wide wheels and a V8 to build as a modern rod. The Mazda Cosmo Sports will be a dual-build with the stock version already in the stash.

Cheers, D

2 Likes

D,
Nice haul for sure. Looking forward to seeing you work your magic on the AMT Classic car.

joel

Ok don’t be shocked. First car I’ve ever done and I usually only do 1/35 armour
… However, there will be a shock reveal at the end and I will be double tapping this with a build blog here and in Armorama.

Details look really good and this will be my first ever car and first ever 1/24 scale. You also get a nice decal sheet for doing 13 different countries VRNs should you wish

Like I said, bare with me and things will get explain on a need to know basis lol…

@AKirchhoff … Andreas, you are firmly to blame for this ok :grin:

2 Likes

My newest goodies

2 Likes

Congratulations!!