What the postman brought today (AutoModeler)

YEEEEAAAAAHH BUDDY

hybrid noises

Hi Joel, UK spec so RHD, the colour is a Mica paint so similar too a candy it sort of changes shade as you walk round it. It is fast ok not as fast as the RCF version which is a 5l V8 but it is not going to hold any one up and when in town can drive in EV mode.

Dennis, EV mode is silent but when you put your foot down (bit to often for me) you wake the 2.5l engine and boost that with the 100hp electric motor.

1 Like

D. That is such a cool kit and quite a coincidence, as I was looking, at a CheZoom kit on Monday

Littorio, that is quite a ride, you have there. Awesome!

1 Like

Thank you Jesper.

Well on a role here so after attending a Japanese car event last weekend and picking up the Skyline, I added a few more to the stash and some paint including a Zero paints custom mix for my own car.

3 Likes

Postie brought me these two, yesterday. Bought second hand, for 26 Euro’s a piece. Boxes have been opened, but all parts are still in the factory sealed bags.

4 Likes

Having missed out on owning the real thing (a nagging regret, but probably for the best if I’m honest) I picked up this slightly started kit on ebay, just arrived.

4 Likes

Picked this up the other day from my LHS:

When I was looking at images of the car online, I saw that the tires had “Continental” logos on them. Well, the kit doesn’t have them, & I couldn’t unsee the photos; so, I also picked up a set of Power Slide Modern Sports Car Tire Markings #1 from Mikes Decals in PA.

Jim

3 Likes

Jim,
It’s a great kit for sure. You’ll really enjoy the build. And thanks for where to get those tire markings. Indy Cal doesn’t carry them, so I just kind of forgot. I’ll buy the sheet and pull the wheels off the car so I can decal and seal them. As you can see from the pic below, the tires do look rather naked.
Joel

3 Likes

Nice Mustang, Joel. Yes, I agree about the tires. I was going to decal them once they were on the car. Can you seal vinyl tires?

Hobbylinc has a P/E set for it, too, that I’ve been considering.

javascript:h17.showPopupImage(“//web4.hobbylinc.com/gr/sms/sms8055.jpg","ItemMain”)

Jim

Jim,
My method to decal tires since today’s model tires are so porous is the apply a heavy coat of Testors Glosscoat or Pledge by brush, then decal. Seal with another coat of Gloss by AB, then Dullcoat and then weathering. Works like a charm

joel

5 Likes

Those look really nice. Wasn’t sure if you could still get Testors Glosscoat in a bottle. Don’t think I’ve ever seen it.

Jim

Jim,
My two bottles are years and years old as I never use the Glosscoat and rarely the Dullcoat. I just checked Sprue Brothers and they have both in stock. I’m pretty sure that both Tamiya and Gunze make a Matt clear coat in lacquer.

joel

Some additions from a recent online sale, all factory sealed . . . . . .

To go with my recent stock build

Two kits in one box. Ford, but very cool anyway :grin:

And to maintain balance in the force . . . .

Cheers, D

4 Likes

D,
sure looks like you struck gold with that buy.
joel

That’s quite a haul you’ve got there D. Always had a soft spot, for the '65 Impala.

Just because…

4 Likes

Same, just cause….don’t drink coke anymore and when I did it was Pepsi and I can give or take a Chevy truck if being honest. It can be an interesting diorama.

4 Likes

Mike,

I picked this up a little while ago, and the worst part of the kit is that it’s molded in red. The flash is pretty bad, the fit is typical AMT, and the steering wheel will be broken.

Jim

What’s the quality of the vending machine?

Sometimes the box art just sells the kit

2 Likes