What the postman brought today (AutoModeler)

Actually, the quality of the vending machine (in my kit at least) was pretty good. Molded in red, of course, but not too bad. The area where the large Coke emblem is & the buttons to select the sodas is a large clear piece with decals. I’d show you mine, but I gave it to a friend. It’s obviously a newer mold than the truck. This might help:
1972 Coca-Cola Chevy C/K Pickup 350 w/ Vending Machine 1/25 Scale Model Kit Review Weathering AMT - YouTube

Jim

2 Likes

Thanks!

You’re welcome. We aim to please! :grin:

Jim

1 Like

I hate it how he makes making a good model look so easy and simple.

He has a lot of practice.

Jim

1 Like

I bought these because one of them was my very first plastic model kit. I can’t remember which one tho…

I’ll build them both out of box with added scratch built detail only. No AM

4 Likes

This beauty arrived today.

7 Likes

Something that just arrived at the local hobbyshop. New from Atlantis Hobbies. (New to me anyway.)
1/24th Scale Mack Bulldog flatbed truck.

Should be of some interest to the general auto modeler here as well as to the G and F Scale railroad modelers out there. (Also posted on the RR site.)

5 Likes

Mike, that’s a re-release of a mid-70’s Monogram kit, but I’ve heard that Atlantis might have cleaned up the moulds and improved things a bit.

1926 Mack Bulldog Log Hauler, Monogram 2401 (1976) (scalemates.com)

My recent addition is a bit eccentric as well, just a cool looking old Bus
GazBus001

I’m planning to do a worn-out civilian version like this but with brighter colours

Cheers, D

4 Likes

Finally in my hands

3 Likes

That is no beauty. That is a beast! … That is nice! :truck:

—mike

2 Likes

I agree. I am so tempted to order one.

As am I. Would love to see some shots of the box contents.

cheers
Michael

2 Likes

3 Likes

Exciting news, I found a long OOP kit that I’ve been hunting for years to complete a set. It’s in the post and I can’t wait to get my hands on it :heart_eyes:

All will be revealed when it arrives, but it is part of a 4-kit series if anybody wants to take a guess :roll_eyes::thinking::sunglasses:

Happy New Year to all of my styreneoholic friends, wishing everybody a safe and successful 2023!

Cheers, D

2 Likes

Anybody willing to throw out a guess? Package arrived today, I will unwrap it tonight and get some photos of the set :heart_eyes::tumbler_glass::tumbler_glass::tumbler_glass::tumbler_glass:

I am going out on a limb and say a Chevy product?

2 Likes

Now Ryan, whatever would make you say that ? :roll_eyes::thinking::flushed:

2 Likes

D,
I’ll go one further and say it’s another classic Vette from your early series.
joel

1 Like

@Tank_1812 and @Joel_W, you both know me all too well it seems! Gold stars for both of you :sunglasses:

Box Base

Box Side

Inner Box (to protect clear sprues and PE/Resin parts)

And finally the whole set together!

The Scalemates Timeline for the kit releases and variations

Now I need to hunt down the Revell kit which was produced in Korea using the original Accurate Miniatures moulds.
Revell_GS_boxtop

I can see a 5-kit build log in my near future.

Cheers, D

4 Likes