What the postman brought today (AutoModeler)

Been waiting for this. Quick glance and it does look rather interesting.
Review to follow in a few days.

Andy :slight_smile:

1 Like

This kit followed me home from the hobby store so I had to keep it. I will start a new thread but anyone know what is needed to make this a 1982 model?

From what I recall my truck had the Isuzu 4 cy engine, so this might be a curbside build. I had a single exhaust and the interior was a bench seat w/ a manual transmission. Anyone know where parts can be found?

Thanks in advance

[quote=“Joel_W, post:39, topic:2255”]
Luciano
I’ll be watching for sure.
Joel

Andy,
Interesting build for sure. From my point of view, it’s the weathering that will set the bar for this build.

joel

Tank,
Wish I could help, but I know next to nothing about trucks. Why not post in the Truck forum as you’ve got a way better chance the info you asked about.

Joel

1 Like

Just saw that Mazda is still using images of the Charge car in their Mazda Speed commercials during the 24Hrs of Daytona.

David,
I skip over all the commercials, even split screen at this point in the race as i record it, so I missed the 787B Mazda Charge.

Right now NBCSN has 8 hrs of the race, which I’m not recording, as the last 2 hours is on NBC which I am recording for tonight’s racing fix.

I just can’t watch basically a 24 hr race on TV as it’s just not like being there. Longest race I ever saw live was the 12 hrs of Sebring.

Joel

I usually watch the start and finish live and catch as much as the wife will allow during the day and night.

Coverage this year isn’t great as is usual since it is NBC. When Ford isn’t racing I watch to see Turner Motorsports. Their shop, in Amesbury, MA, is not far from me and I have been there a couple times.

I’m hoping Le Mans will be on Motortrend again this year, the coverage was much better.

David,
To tell the truth, I absolutely hate NBCSN motorsport coverage. It’s the worst of the worst by far. Indy Car racing is a joke. Even Tracy can’t make it watchable. For starters it’s every 5 min there’s a min of 7 commercials most on split screen. To bad that the split is 2/3 the commercial, so it’s just about impossible to follow. Out of protest I mute the sound for all the commercials.

My monthly cable bill including Phone ( another joke as we both have cell phones), and Internet with more bandwidth for another $10/month is now $190 !! Considering that neither of us can see any difference between High Def and the regular broadcast stations (Both TVs are High Def and fairly new), we get a min of 12 kid/cartoon stations, Spanish stations (neither of us speak Spanish), and an assortment of other programing we don’t watch as Old/senior folks.

So there’s no way that I’m paying for NBCSN Gold.

After the 2021 season Indy Car will be going behind a Paywall/streaming as NBCSN will be no more. When that happens Goodbye any and all sports, weekly shows, etc that we have to pay for plus our cable bill.

joel

Well postie has been busy over the last couple of days.

The gorgeous Tamiya AMG GT3, Linkin Park decals and a set of headlights for an AMG GT3, followed by a Revell AMG SLS Road car with AMG Matt hell green paint, technically for a race car but can’t find decals and like the colour so the road car will be green :slight_smile:

Now this arrived from across the pond, well it’s a Charger ‘nough said.

And then something I’ve been thinking about since it first came out, just not sure if I should get the gravel transkit for it or build it straight rally spec.

4 Likes

Littorio,
Now there’s one great delivery. I’m looking forward to all of your builds, especially both Mercs. Can’t wait to see that blazing Green on the street version. Just warn all of us to wear our sunglasses prior to viewing your pics of the painted and glossed car.

Joel

That’s a nice haul Littorio.

@Littorio, great delivery! Some really cool kits there, many hours of fun!

Some after-market arrived for me in the last couple of days.
SMS Premium White and Pilbara for the Western Star.
SMS Pearls for . . . . . just because.
Lazy Modeller Flame Masks because I keep seeing really cool paint jobs and I want to give them a try :grin:

Hall of Flame – Lazy Modeller

Cheers, D

2 Likes

D,
Looking forward to seeing how those flame masks work. That’s something I’ve never seen before.

joel

They are intriguing, been thinking about doing something like that.
Andy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Those flame masks look interesting D

Well postie is still working to bring me my purchases

Not as interesting as the old group B cars but still looks nice.

1 Like

Littorio,
It’s pretty hard for us USA based gearheads to really get into Rally Racing as it’s basically banned here in the states due to insurance issues. Can’t race when you can’t get an insurance company to issue all the necessary insurances needed.

With that being said, I was hooked on those Group B Rally cars. OMG!! Talk about a race car on Steroids’.

BTW, I’m a huge fan of Red Bull Racing teams, so I’m really looking forward to following your build.

Joel

The only rally I know of is the New England Forest Rally through Maine and New Hampshire. I guess it is part of a 6 race series.

Dave,
Didn’t even know that that race and series existed. Is it professional or strictly club type rallying?

Joel

Pro.

I only knew of the event as it was a former SCCA Pro Rally event and I was going to marshal it back in the early 90’s when it was known as the Maine Forest Rally. I never actually made it to the event that year due to traveling to Europe for work. I got out of SCCA racing shortly after and didn’t ever head up to even spectate. It changed to the New England Forest Rally in '94 and sanctioning bodies have changed several times since as well.

Google tells me it is now American Rally Assoc in charge.