What the postman brought today (Modelgeek)

!!! Aargh! Just checked the U.K. prices, 240 quid for the Dropship and 175 for the Sulaco on fleabay. I’d been thinking of building mine…
:nauseated_face:
Cheers,

M

1 Like

Might as well build them and get the enjoyment. Be honest, you are never going to part with them and it will be regrets when you are knocking on the Pearly Gates and it falls into someone else’s hands…

3 Likes

Landing today, the new Enterprise from Discovery and Strange New Worlds.

I really do like this design. It’s a better reimagining of the classic Enterprise than the JJ Abrams movies I think. There’s a lot of the original, some of the refit and a bit of NX-01 in here.
This is the 1/2500 scale kit, so will go nicely with the Shenzhou. I would have preferred the 1/1000, but that kits a bit pricey over here and Polar Lights chose not to include the aztec panel decals in that kit. They would have you buy them separately. Not easy to find and expensive in the UK. This kit includes the aztec decals.

4 Likes

I pulled the trigger on the Border Models Command and Conquer 1/35 [Red Alert] Soviet Apocalypse Tank , I was not going to miss out on this beast like I have with the Object 279 kits that came out , you can’t get them anymore or only for insane price

Cannot wait to get started on this, already got ideas for a diorama for it :sunglasses:

7 Likes

After scouring the internet for years, being put off by ludicrously high prices ($350AUD and up), I finally got my grubby little mitts on Revell’s Babylon 5 Star Fury!

I was lucky enough to find one locally for only $100AUD!

I built a Star Fury many years ago, but always wanted another to be able to build one with the skills I’ve acquired in recent years, but now I have it, I’m torn whether or not to build it. It is after all MISB and fast becoming highly collectible! Luckily the queue in the stash is long and I’m a slow builder :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

I say build it! You might not get the chance again. Only difficult question is which scheme to do? Is this the boxing that came with options for Ivonava and Black Omega?
The last one of this issue I got was part started, so a lot cheaper than a mint. The other bonus was the previous owner had already done the difficult job of assembling and filling smooth the wing inserts. A known tricky part of the kit.

4 Likes

Stephen, I’ve already got Bester’s Black Omega built and sitting front and centre in the display cabinet, (albeit with decals lifting as it was built before I knew about clear coats :pensive:) so Ivanova’s rig without question would be next :blush:

2 Likes

And she did hate Bestor and Psi-Corps!

I must find my Starfury’s out and get them finished.

2 Likes

I’ve done Sinclair’s Battle of the Line markings when I did one many, many moons ago. Stripes were masked and sprayed, the 02 I made the decals.

I have an original release and the special edition in the stash. I would like to do Garibaldi’s if I can muster up the time (have to make sure I can find a suitable Patron Saint of Frustration, Daffy Duck, to go in the inner wing).

3 Likes

Indeed-no love lost between those two :wink:

Wha…!?? :astonished: You have 2 unfinished, Stephen??? Surely it’s time to dust them off and bring them into the light? :innocent:

If I had to do Bester’s Psi Corp again, I’d surely paint on most of the markings too, Dave :blush:

I’m a little jealous of those of you with 2 or more in the stash. (I must revise my policy of only purchasing one of each kit of this kind). This is one I’d love to see Revell Re-issue, but I think it’s gone forever!

Here’s the Psi Corp’s unit in all her glory! :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

It looks bloody good in the all over gloss black.

Little confession, I’ve got more than 2. Most are all still in my parents attic and I need to find them. I have at least 2 of the Flying Tiger boxing’s (I wanted to do Sheridan and Sinclairs) and the Black Omega. They were all bought when the kit was available, so I think I was just lucky at the time. And I got a few built and unpainted ones I got dirt cheap from someone selling off a load of used Warhammer stuff. He’d tried to incorporate them into the game as Space Marine fighters, but didn’t get much beyond that. Again in a box somewhere. From memory he’d converted one into a clipped wing variant by shortening the wings and re-attaching the engine pods. Bit clumsily, but might be salvageable. I’ve got the B5 station as well.
In the summer holidays I’ll have to find them.

2 Likes

Bester’s ride looks awesome!

Someday I’ll get to them. I think I have a set of resin guns from SSM for at least one of them too.

Surprisingly, I have heard that there are still quite a few aftermarket parts still available for these.

3 Likes

Picked this up today at the book store

Fantasy Figures International #19

7 Likes

I had this one arrive today from Squadron to add to my ever-growing German flying saucer collection.

7 Likes

Can never have enough Germans and Flying Saucers in your collection :grinning:

3 Likes

A significant birthday got me this collectively from my most excellent family! Still to delve into the kit properly but on first inspection it is stunning…

15 Likes

Its a fantastic Kit yes. Nice.

Keith

1 Like

Been slowly working my way up to mine with the 1/350 and 1/144 versions. Better to practice the weathering on the $30 kit.

2 Likes

Monarch Nosferatu
1/8
Large size box

6 Likes

Every time I see Nosferatu it reminds me of a metal band named Hellwitch that played house parties when I was in college. They had a song by that name:

“Nosferatu…Nosferatu…
He will possess you!”

They’re apparently still active 37 years later.

1 Like