Whatever Happened to Panther Seized Near Kiel?

Here is an example of a Thyssen Henschel TM170 disgiused as NBCRV Fox.

Of course this guy has to replace the armor glass by ordinary thin window glass.

Borrowing a tank that doesn’t have its tracks fitted? Not going to do much running amok.

Maybe had a set of tracks in his cellar? People told that he used the Panther in the 1980 to drive around and even clearing sow.

1 Like

And his neighbors know how to properly re-track an armor vehicle? Or have the gear to do so?

Are you a prosecutor? Should I tell you I have a Japanese mortar round in my possession?

Saw a story about it on the BBC website today. Still in court….

Just read an article from the AP. The owner was found guilty of illegal weapons possession and sentenced to a suspended sentence of 14 months and a fine of 250,000 Euros. He also has to sell or donate the tank and the flak gun within 2 years to a museum or collector.

1 Like

Well the fine wont hurt him to much if he is able to sell it, he will make a fortune from both … seems strange that they allow him to sell it unless he has to donate the money or forfeit some of it ?

1 Like

I would assume if sold to a collector it would be someone from a different country - after all , isn’t the accused a “ collector “ ?

1 Like

Panther update from end of July 2021

Details some of the items found along with the Panther etc. Seems like a US museum maybe interested in purchasing the Panther and other items from the owner.

1 Like

End of the day, another working Panther G has be a great thing whoever ends up with it… and it looks in pretty good condition for a 75 + year tank

1 Like

Go directly to jail. Do not pass go, do not collect $200, but rather go STRAIGHT to jail.

2 Likes

It had tracks on it when the seized it.
You should see all the sh!t I have in my collection. No tank though, maybe someday.
Ken

1 Like

He was not just in trouble for the tank… his collection included automatic and other weapons that were not registered, ammunition, a torpedo, “explosives” and some other things.

The media is aturally focused on the tank and sometimes the 88 but the case was a bit wider than that.

If he had not fallen in with Nazi relics black marketeers and had not been storing some nazi statues of dubious legality in his garden and had not been flying the as-of-this-month banned German War flag over his barbed wire ringed compound… then the police would never have called in 2015 and he would still be enjoying his collection I guess.

P

4 Likes

One can be arrested in Germany for a statue?

Six years later the verdict is in at last:

:tumbler_glass:

1 Like

Auction Estimate Pz IV H - 2.4 to 2.6 million dollars if a Pz IV H in need of full restoration inside and out is worth that, Test Driving Panther Tank worth £14 Million what would that Panther be worth?

In anycase, I hope the Panther goes to a museum that maintain it in good condition for posterity.

4 Likes

Well, i’m thinking I saw Bruce Crompton sell a working Panther a few years ago for about £5m… anti-aircraft guns go for tens of thousands of pounds.

I’m not sure the ‘pensioner’ will worry too much about a £213 000 fine, do you?

2 Likes

Group, thank you all for the updates.

I also read recently that the Panther was one of the ones built by the British after the war from hulls and parts that they seized from the various factories. He then bought if from a scrap dealer who had got it from the British… Not sure if it’s verified or not ??

3 Likes

John, I seem to recall reading that some where as well.

1 Like