When you let your grandmother and her tea club camouflage your tank

9 Likes

…Im not sure how to respond to this… :rofl: :joy:

1 Like

:heart_eyes: :rofl:

Next level challenge for those who brag about Digi-cam squares being easy … :wink:

1 Like

Very nice winter camo :joy:.
Andy :slight_smile:

Interesting is a word that can be used. I recall seeing that years ago, maybe on the old forums.

…or your helmet:

Speaking of grannies and military stuff…

045_picsfdgfhh

I don’t know what’s the official designation of this camo, but apparently it should be called GRASSTYC (Granny’s Sofa Style Camouflage):

article-2009603-0CC9AFA300000578-507_634x471

4 Likes

Side view :

More pics here

H.P.

6 Likes

Didn’t know Wedgwood had a tank in their dinnerware range!

2 Likes

Talk about leather and lace!

Russian? Apart from “Stompie”*, I thought this was more of a Ukrainian thing…

There seems to be some sort of one-upmanship going here, perhaps we should respond; a Paisley Pattern Chally, perhaps? Years ago, (IIRC) on another group, I believe it was suggested the true spirit of the USA would be best represented by an Abrams in full NASCAR livery, complete with sponsorship logos. I don’t think anyone actually built a kit that way (although there was one of a “Stompie” variant) but I seem to recall a photoshopped illustration…

Regards,

M

*Mandela Way T-34 Tank - Wikipedia

3 Likes

It was done. The 2001 AMPS Internationals, a guy entered a set of 5 M1’s in NASCAR colors of the top 5 drivers. They were definitely cool looking and I could just see them tearing around Daytona! Now THAT would be some serious bumping!

3 Likes

Looks like the crew of this one has found a sponsor…

H.P.

5 Likes

This is beautiful

1 Like

I like it. Can you imagine the seat covers in this thing?

2 Likes

I like it. Can you imagine the seat covers in this thing?

Probably something like this. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The Quilt Club has been busy as well…

970606961_838b5e37bd

6 Likes

I prefer the classic “Blue Willow”!
:smiley:

There are a few “non standard” camos around. Here are 3 that I remember well, though I have seen none live …
If you let a crazy football fan paint your tank. FC Schalke 04 is a german 1. Division football team …
PzH 2000 of the German Bundeswehr

… perfect camo on this “Leopardine”, Austrian Army (Österreichisches Bundesheer) …

and these guys thought, their national colour should also be the camo for their tanks. Royal Dutch Army (Koninklijke Landmacht) …

3 Likes

I love those two Leopards, they would both make great builds! The PzH 2000 as well… :grin:

1 Like

Well…this could turn into a unique group build. Everyone could build a kit of their choice based on any photographs, such as the ones above, or any that they find and take a liking to. It could be kind of a fun out of the ordinary non-typical build. :slight_smile:

Just a thought. :thinking:

Randy :slight_smile:

2 Likes