Wild Weasel 2023

…did it in 2017 (35th anniversary of Falklands War)…

:grinning:

3 Likes

…and the good old Monogram Thud (bought and built in the 80s)

:raising_hand_man:
P.S. The ladders were added last year, 3D prints by LP(CZ)

5 Likes

That is nice! The old Airfix or the new tooling?

Have to admit it’s one I’ve been thinking of doing for ages. My partners brother gave me the old kit he’d had for years unbuilt and I’ve always been tempted. And now I have the twin Shrike rails spare in Trumpeters F-105, all the parts are finally there to do it! It’s just the sheer size of model stopping me.

1 Like

No way, I would’ve said no more than a couple of years old. It’s still looking great after all that time.

1 Like

Thanks. Are we happy to go with this for the award? I might add some text on the ribbon. Just the campaign name and year.

2 Likes

:grinning: No Airfix, it’s the 1/144 kit by Pit Road!

1 Like

Ah, I can see that would be a lot more manageable size!

Gets my vote. Some wording would be good if possible ?

Hey Stephen, my understanding is the 10 doesn’t apply anymore. Though you’re up to nine so far! Looking forward to this, though the HB F-105 is huge, and the fuselage is in four parts, ugh.

2 Likes

As John said Stephen @phantom_phanatic , the magic 10 figure eased a fair while ago. As long as there is sufficient interested parties and say their going … You are good to go with the confirmed numbers you have :+1:

3 Likes

Brilliant! Thanks guys.
I’m hoping that once we get going, a few more people might join.

1 Like

That’s the norm… Pathfinders first … The rest will follow :grin:

3 Likes

Florymodels video on the Meng F-4G

2 Likes

That kit looks great. I wish they’d do it in 1/72 though.

1 Like

That does look like a nice kit! Lovely details and the ordnance selection looks amazing!
Thanks for sharing.

Some F-4G loadouts

4 Likes

If anyone needs the Anti Rad missiles I have the ones in the Hasegawa C set, won’t ever use them and they have the decals still … In 1/48…

I’m feeling the pull…

1 Like

Yes, the Jaguar had this role, armed with a martel missile, barac and phimat pods.

No the jaguar didn’t fly SEAD mission during the gulf war.

Several “escadrons” have been trained at times to carry out this kind of mission.

I can however certify that the A89 jaguar flew in SEAD configuration with the EC 2-11 Vosges, only during training sessions.

1 Like

That was the operation from Chad against Libyan air fields. Haven’t been able to find a great deal about it, not sure how much of that has been made public?
From what I can tell it was mixed force of Jags carrying Martel and some with runway cratering bombs.