Wow you've got a great figure!

I have been on the Ukraine crisis modeling forum, dumping a bunch of in progress pics of my Ukraine forces modeling.
John and Ryan encouraged me to join so here they are. Thanks for the invite guys!

I read thru almost the whole thread and there is some next level stuff going on here. Outstanding !

The base figure is from the very old Tamiya German Assault Troops.
By old I mean its been in my scrap box since the mid-1970s…
Who’s a hoarder? LOL

When found he was already headless, so he just need a mollie vest and pouches, long pants and some shoe laces. And of course a head. The vest is two layers of painters tape, sealed w/ Superglue. I like that for straight objects instead of trying to get putty perfect.

I had a head laying around (Hornet maybe?) added a K-Pot that seems to be common in the UDF right now. Nice head but seemed little bit large when I got it on. Don’t know if having the knit cap under the helmet set things off.

New head (Dragon maybe?) much better, reduced the size of the knit cap too so it lowered the helmet.
Little bit of arm surgery req’d. mostly covered by his blue/yellow UDF tape. Mini IDF style thigh pocket, alot of UDF wearing mixed non-military camo / gear.

And primed. I have saved close to 200 pics of UDF forces, wearing everything from full civvies to regulation camo and every possible mix of those. Now fun part picking colors…

Thanks,
TJ

5 Likes