Wow you've got a great figure!

What harv said…

2 Likes

I made this just as a joke. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Great idea!:bulb: I like your thinking!

On aside… how’s your brass wire soldering skills? Hint, hint! :slightly_smiling_face:

I like it!

I’ll probably be building the Bob & Sally set from Master Box

… with some modifications :grin:

4 Likes

I plan to do these two Alpine figures. The photo ist schlecht! There is a third Alpine figure in the back who is SS in a camo smock. If I can figure out how easily to convert that into a Wehrmacht camo smock and delete any other SS markings I might add it in.

4 Likes

We are live and we have lots of great planned projects posted. :+1:

I have still not picked one yet, hopefully I can settle on one soon.

1 Like

Hi Chaps, seeing as we’ve got until October, I’ve got quite a few ideas.
I’m going to start with this little fella. WSS Infantryman from Airborne Miniatures in 1/16. Apparently, it’s a 3D design so, it’s available in quite a few scales, all the way up to 1/9!

There are a few issues with it related to casting. Some detail is a bit soft in places and, I’ll let a pic of the right arm and rifle speak for itself…

So, there’s a bit of work to do before the painting but, here goes!
G.

6 Likes

I have picked ScaleBros Albertius for this campaign.

8 Likes

That’s a nobel subject. I imagine it will be straightforward, relatively speaking of course.

7 Likes

You would think so. I had him just sitting on the bench for a long time (over a year) just thinking about color options to make it different.

Hah, good one :laughing:

3 Likes

You find the most interestingly obscure figure model subjects and companies out there. I’ve been bookmarking these sources for future ref.

I viewed ScientificModels.shop this morning and saw a few that I’m interested in. They are a reliable company to order from directly?

Thanks, between here and PlanetFigure I find most these companies. Given the market I try to jump when I see something as they seem to be gone and haven’t seen them rereleased.

ScientificModels have been great in my experience (x2). I ordered the 24th and had the kits on the 31st. Should have been the 30th but FedEx was slow. They have a 15% sale til Feb. which helps with shipping. I don’t think they have another source to order from. The site is all Italian but I use google translator to bumble through most of it and order on the Italian site.

1 Like

Hi guys and Happy New Year! :tada:
There looks to be some cool subject matter popping up already. Should be a fun campaign! :hammer_and_wrench:

—mike

2 Likes

Yep, Happy New Year gents. Let’s have some fun with this!
BTW, can we start yet, boss?:wink:
G.

2 Likes

Yep, we are a go. :+1:

2 Likes

Let the games commence!:+1:
G.

1 Like

Hello Fearless Leader and fellow Figurers.

As mentioned earlier, here’s my partially started entry: Dragon (6120) ‘US Infantry 2nd Armored Division.’ I originally purchased two of these sets in order to Franken-Figure five figures. In addition, some limbs may have been robbed from the graveyard stash. 🪚

After being boxed-up on a container ship for some years, the troops are happy to finally get some air!

Well, it’s not gonna be all fun and figures for these guys, they need to be hauling this Bronco (35147) ‘M3A1 37mm Anti-Tank Gun.’

“Squad, ten-hut! … uh, about face? … Whatever! :face_with_raised_eyebrow: Grab your hauling gear. Face that way. Gentlemen, shall we go blast some targets?!”

My challenge will be getting the ranks to assembly and paint inspection to replicate the following photo.

US M3A1 37mm AT Gun (hauling formation)

The AT Gun trailing-arm and gun barrel geometry (blue and green lines). Four cords (red lines) project out from two points located on the trailing arms to the shoulder straps.

This hauling formation over-view shows soldiers No. 2 and 3 are also on the grab-handles.

Hornet Head replacements from the following sets:
• US Heads with Steel Helmets (HUH01)
• US Heads in Helmets with Nets (HUH04)

Note: Any images borrowed from the web are for reference only.
——————————————————————————————————————————————

Happy modeling! :hammer_and_wrench:
—mike

8 Likes

That looks like a great project. :+1:

2 Likes