Wow you've got a great figure!

I fall into the same camp as you John, figures are one of my many modelling Achilles’ heels, but I think you’re doing this chap proud, and you’ve done a grand job on the camo-smock, :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:.

G, :beer:

2 Likes

Nice little caricature, looking forward to seeing him fully painted Ryan, :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:.

G, :beer:

3 Likes

Looking good, Fearless Leader! I literally walked in Albert’s footsteps when I “went” to Princeton University… “nine-to-five!” :laughing:

No rocket scientist here. :no_entry_sign::rocket:
—mike

1 Like

Thank’s G! … Tricky little bugger to position with the hose. I still may reconsider the left hand choice.

Cheers!:beer:
—mike

I got this far in 25 mins with a bath in IPA and water. More time for the little connection bits and assembly but not bad. I think H3 would be easier with the smaller knubs.

I am crushing his head.

5 Likes

Hi guys. I spent a little time replacing the old Hornet Hand (left) with a clenched version. To achieve this, I clipped the hose assembly at the pump end and threaded it through the newly drilled-out hand. I think the new one looks better now.

Here’s a comparison.

In addition, I cobbled-together a quick vignette base (3" x 3.5"). :hammer_and_wrench:

Products:
• Ammo by Mig (8353) Spring Steppe mat (leftover scrap).
• Styrofoam packing (3/4" scrap).
• PVA glue sealer.
• Mr. Surfacer 1000 filler.

—mike

9 Likes

Mike that looks great so far. Nice job converting the hands.

2 Likes

Looks like a very well detailed figure there

1 Like

I think so. I probably won’t be able to get the most out of it but I think more experienced painters can.
I think it does a good job of showing the mismatch in body type and uniform that happen in the military.

Personally I would like the helmet to be a little smaller and no netting but that’s just me. I have debated leaving it off and in the dirt since he went all John Wayne even thought it was SOP in the day. I think between the fit and not secured that would not be outside the realm of actual possibilities.

2 Likes

Must have been a bad week to stop sniffing glue…

2 Likes

Found this and think it is a great suggestion for this campaigns medal…

wow

13 Likes

I wanna introduce y’all to Tamar, our generic post Yom Kippur war Israeli tank commander.

He was originally the old Tamiya M60 tanker that I sculpted new pockets, rolled up sleeves, belt and other stuff onto

Note the PE watch on his wrist (He got bling)

10 Likes

Nice add-on sculpting, Ezra! Love that “bling” — a real eye-catcher, for sure! :watch::star_struck:

—mike

2 Likes

Now the kid is modifying figures. Cannot you leave us old men alone, is nothing sacred anymore.

4 Likes

Good call on that left hand, Mike. Makes a big difference.
G.

1 Like

Looking good there, Ezra. Might I suggest making the belt from lead/ pewter foil though. Lot easier than putty. Might want to revisit Mike’s posts on using masking tape as well. Very useful.
Don’t know who Ryan’s calling old though……:thinking:
G.

1 Like

I was speaking for us mortals not you and your kind. :joy:

2 Likes

Us mortals…… Have I been kicked out of the gang again?:cry:
G.

3 Likes

Happens where you elevated above the rest.

2 Likes

Thanks guys!
It was a really enjoyable project.

That’s a great idea. I will definitely do it on my next fig. I dont even know why I bothered adding the details cuz you can’t see them once hes mounted :joy:

Ooh well! I hope to basecoat him tonight.

9 Likes