Wow you've got a great figure!

Those two figs look outstanding Lazarus. The bases and groundwork really set them off. And there’s that Italian camo again ! Great work !

1 Like

@ LZ. My scrolling can’t keep up with your built rate. Lol! So please accept my blanket “they all look fantastic!” comment. … Now, where’s my Blankie? :crazy_face:

—mike

2 Likes

Thanks lads, glad you like them. I have to confess though, they were only the ones I was doing as side pieces while I was finishing up another 1/16 alpine figure. I only put the pic up to show that the bench was cleared and ready for the fighter pilot.
G.

1 Like

Outstanding work as usual G. I am really looking forward to the pilot figure. Yes, please try and post WIP pics. They are really fascinating.

2 Likes

Hello fellas!
I’ve been on detail duty lately… making stenciled placards and signposts to accompany what you might call a ‘Red Ball Express’ Mini-Series. :red_circle:

Small placards hung on their signposts. :hammer:

The “CHECK FUEL” placards are for this campaign. However, the “TIGHTEN BOLTS” placards are another story, but somehow related. I’ll dive into more detail later. In the meantime, here’s a reference image pulled from a YouTube video.

Happy figuring! :paintbrush::blush:
—mike

9 Likes

PVT, Phillups got puttied today. While waiting for him to cure, I added a small detail to the fuel drums…

Fuel Plug + Allen Key.

Good day and good figuring. :hammer_and_wrench:
—mike

6 Likes

Nice detailing the details

2 Likes

Ok, someone’s got to ask. Why is it “tighten bolts” and not “tighten nuts”?..… I’ll get my coat…. Seriously though Mike, great job! Keep it coming. Now, what about the dudes towing the field gun? You know, the 2AD lads who are supposed to be in camo?:smiling_imp:
G.

1 Like

Just out of interest Mike, are those decals or hand-made?
G.

1 Like

Thank’s guys!

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: Are you twistin’ my nuts, PVT, LZ?!

Here’s the documentary where I obtained inspiration for the signage. (timestamp 35:07)
‘France ‘44: The Red Ball Express’

The ‘Check Fuel’ vignette is actually a corner portion of a larger diorama,‘ Tighten Bolts’ which highlights maintenance stops along the 1944 ‘Red Ball’ supply line. The vignette elements will be transferred to a larger diorama base sometime in the near/far future.

Nice try LZ… The not 2AD, not in camo dudes are waiting, not patiently for their painting day(s). :grin:

The decals came with the MiniArt (35592) ‘US Fuel Drums 55 Gals.’ set.

Unfortunately, only enough for three of each type… wish they supplied more of the same.

That is all for now.
SGT, Bone Saw :saluting_face:

3 Likes

To ‘Tighten nuts’ (also Tighten screws) has many different meanings… including double entendre meanings…

2 Likes

Yup. Twistin’ them both…:nut_and_bolt: :rofl:

Just got done sanding, scribing details and filling gaps with Mr. Surfacer 1000. Another GI is ready for primer. … Don’t think I have any more “super-detailing” lined-up, so I need to think seriously about slapping paint on all of the figures waiting in the paint queue. :art::paintbrush:

Happy entendres! :laughing:
—mike

3 Likes

Right, now that everyone else has posted great pics of stunning artistry it’s time for me to let the side down!

I assembled Tamiya’s ancient crewman from their JP4 kit, blasted him with white primer, then let him set for a few months, ignored on the shelf of shame. Then last night I felt the itch, and now he’s covered in paint! Before anyone raises the issue, I know the Panzerjager crews wore either feldgrau or black, depending on who they were attached to, and I chose to mix the two. That’s because I was exuberant and painted his uniform black, before realising he wore the m1943 jacket that as far as I know was never issued in black! So I repainted it, but I like the black cap and trousers…

He ain’t perfect, but he’ll fill a hatch in my Italeri JP4 Lang!

He needs an overspray of clear flat to seal the rather soft Vallejo paint, but I’m calling him done.

11 Likes

Tom you’ve done a very good job on an old figure ! I’d be proud to put that figure in the hatch of one of my models ! The only thing I would suggest if you could would be to clean up around the shoulder board area just a bit. Otherwise it looks great !

2 Likes

Looks good to me, mate. Well done! :beer:
G.

1 Like

Tom, I think you got the most out of the figure. Congratulations. :+1:

2 Likes

Nice work on the tanker.:paintbrush: Feels good to scratch that itch, doesn’t it?… Now where did I put that backscratcher? :thinking:

—mike

2 Likes

Hi guys. Here we go with another update.

Been working this guy for a few days now, even though it doesn’t really show it. :paintbrush:

Fuel Drum decals settled-in after Vallejo Matt Varnish (70.520).

Happy figuring!
—mike

8 Likes

Great looking figure Mike, and those drums are a real work of art, especially like the allen key and plug detail, very nice touch, :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:.

G, :beer:

2 Likes

Thank’s G! That was kind of a fun diversion while paint was curing elsewhere. Really glad you like it. :smile:

—mike

1 Like