ZSU-23-4V1 "Shilka" - Meng 1/35

I would like to realize this model which, in 2014 from August 24 to August 29, participated to “Peace Mission 2014” at China’s Zhurihe Training Base, in Inner Mongolia (North China)

Peace Mission 2014 was the largest military exercise conducted by the SCO (Shanghai Cooperation Organization), with five of the six member countries participating (China, Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, and Tajikistan but not Uzbekistan).

by Rodolfo Masti, su Flickr

A quick look inside the box

First steps…

10 Likes

Nice start.

Olivier

Thanks for sharing! I look forward to seeing more. I’ve had my eye on this kit for a while now!

:beer: :cowboy_hat_face:

Recently finished the old Dragon version of this. Boy that driver’s space looks great.

Nice start! I’ll be watching, this is next on deck for me.

Very nice. The driver’s area looks great. I have this kit along w/the old Kirin/Trakx complete interior set. Maybe I will start it soon too.

Agree, the interior is very nice. Good job there.

Is the drivers interior part of the kit?

Yes. From the above sprue shots.

1 Like

Thank you, I didn’t study the trees. Aren’t there AM companies that also make this drivers area?

There is the old Kirin/Trakx set I mentioned, but it is long OOP.

There is also a very nice 3D printed driver’s area available by 3D In Scale.

For Meng’s kit.

For the Hong Kit.

3 Likes

I’m curious as to how much that 3D protective driver compartment costs probably over $100

incidentally is you are looking to replace the tracks I have some fruit tracks already assembled for sale if you’re interested.

Klaus

Nope, only $52.

I have their M110 driver’s compartment and it is really nice. It was only $30.

Lots of great stuff by them at Shapeways.

2 Likes

Just to be clear , the Trakz set was separate set by a different manufacturer Trakz TX0122 ZSU23-4 "Shilka" Turret Interior & Driver's Compartment

1 Like

Interesting. I though the Kirin and Trakz sets were the same, just two different labels.

Great job so far Rodolfo

How do these compare to the kits interior parts?
$52 is still a lot in my book.
Thanks

1 Like

To me, they look better and have more/better defined wiring and crisper detail parts. The kit parts are fine though too. It just depends how much detail you want.

Thank you f

@HeavyArty
Hi Gino, I’ve always found shapeways to be very expensive for printed parts or are you just buying the file to print the items for $30?