1/12th Tiger 1, in Legos?

The Tank Museum Releases 8,000-Brick Model of Tiger 131 (msn.com)

3 Likes

Ooh! I want one. :smiley:

1 Like

Looking at the box art; I REALLY WANT ONE. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

3 Likes

Then i see the price; 599 GBP, or $748 USD, plus whatever shipping charges areā€¦

And Iā€™m likeā€¦

4 Likes

That is only about 11 cents per brick.

3 Likes

I would really consider it for another tank but not a Tiger. YMMV.

3 Likes

Charlatan.

1 Like

Or , 10 to 14 decent 1/35 kits ā€¦ :thinking:

2 Likes

COBI bricks, compatible with LEGO

They also have tanks, planes, cars, space ā€¦

Are these a better plastic than most of the ā€˜compatible with Legoā€™ brands? I find the imitators to be a softer plastic that eventually loses itā€™s tightness of grip.

Iā€™ve never had a COBI brand kit before. I do have a couple sets from Mega Construx, which makes a lot of brick vehicle from video games, like HALO and Destiny.

Their plastic bricks are the same level as the original LEGO bricks.

Havenā€™t got the foggiest, never tried one though I was tempted by that Bismarck

!!!

Cheers,

M

1 Like

Legos are excellent for making boxes for mold-making (and maybe childrenā€™s toys, but once a couple of pieces are missing, or they get mixed up with other Lego toysā€¦forget it!). :rage:
:smiley: :canada:

Cobi coloured the fuel tanks red. The Tank Museum actually OWN fuel tanks in their Tiger. They, of all people, know the tanks were never red.

(The legend of ā€œred fuel tanksā€ began with one single artist painting one single image for a book cover. I spoke to him at the time - by phone. But it was early days of the Internet and he couldnā€™t send me images for checking.)

Cobi also have one set of ammunition facing the wrong way around.

These are familiar mistakes. They already exist in model kits by Rye Field and Academy.

So I conclude that Cobi developed their brick Tiger model from a plastic Tiger kit - NOT from the real thing.

David

1 Like

That is cool

1 Like