1/144 Revell Airbus A319 -America West-shelf of doom

I figured this needed to get done. It is the plane my wife and I flew to Las Vegas in to get hitched 22 years ago this month. Beautiful flight as we took a “red eye special” and landed in Vegas around midnight, went to city hall got a license and got hitched then off to Excalibur to play the slots and enjoy our honeymoon. So far I have the fuselage and wings attached, windows puttied and sanded, wing leading edges painted NMF, engines built and started paint, landing gear started and fuselage bottom masked to paint. We flew America West from Logan to the now Harry Reid Airport.

3 Likes

Here is the real deal at Logan, Boston MA.

2 Likes

Decals. I need 2 sheets as the Two Six sheet is correct except for the livery,it was not U.S. Airways. The AirlinerDecals has the correct livery name, AMERICA WEST, but the wrong color for the tail, should be a more green than blue color.

3 Likes

Happy Anniversary!!! I was born in Boston. Lived there for 56 years.

2 Likes

Thanks, born and raised in western MA, maybe 15 minutes from the NY state border. Lotsa my relatives originally from the Salem, Boxford, Plymouth area way back in the Gov. Winthrop days of 1600s, migrated west to the “Howling Wilderness” as western MA was known back then. Left when I retired a decade ago and made big mistake of migrating south to FL, BIG mistake…oh well there’s still a chance I hit the LOTTO and move back some day! Nuff ancient history, here is the proper green color , at least to my eye ala Tamiya “rattle can” TS-102 cobalt green.

3 Likes

Very nice job. Especially connected to your personal story.

Nice to see an airliner model.

1 Like

The bottom color is done. on to the wings and top fuselage.

4 Likes

The wing top inner section is painted, now to paint the outer section and bottom of wing a lighter gray.

3 Likes