1:144 scale E-2C Hawkeye (using Revell's kit)

Here are some photos of the latest model to leave the workbench. It is an E-2C Hawkeye, built using the Revell kit and Retrowings propellers (with a few tweaks). I had a few mishaps with the clear parts and minimize the damage brush coating them with gloss varnish. Painting was carried out using Mr. Color lacquers and Vallejo acrylics. The subtle weathering (just panel marking and a couple of subtle exhaust stains) was done using Ammo Panel washes and Vallejo Model washes.

Cheers

Marco Preto

14 Likes

Impressive looking Hawkeye Marco. The Retrowings prop make a huge difference to the look :smiley:

1 Like

These propellers do really change the Hawkeye’s look.

Retrowings propellers are nice, but they require some attention to get the most out of them.To make it easier to assemble them, I made a simple jig, which allowed to set a consistent pitch on all propeller blades.

My propeller hubs had some issues and I ended up turning my own parts out of brass rod.

Cheers

6 Likes

Stellar lathe work on the propeller hubs! The base is a nice touch too.

-Marty

1 Like

Great work on the props, putting that extra work with the jig makes a huge difference to the look. I was so busy admiring your Hawkeye, hadn’t noticed the superb base :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Well, this one was completed some time ago. I’ll leave you with a couple of photos of the completed model.

Cheers

5 Likes

Really nice looking Hawkeye. Very well done.

What did you use for the base?

Jim

Hi Jim:

The base is one of Noy’s Miniatures printed card bases (I just apply a thin coat of flat varnish to kill some of the print shine). I think these are very good to display these small models!

Cheers

Marco Preto

https://www.youtube.com/user/marcopreto
Instagram: @marco_a_c_preto

Thanks, Marco.

Jim

1 Like

Impressive build of this impressive aircraft :smile:

1 Like