1/16 Bushmaster PMV CAD/3D print scratchbuild

Thought I’d move this build across to the new forum.

Quick update on my own design & 3D printed “kit” of the Australian Bushmaster protected mobility vehicle that I’m building in 1/16. Longest single print thus far has been over ten days (221 hours).

3 Likes

The build continues.

Lots of printing going on!

3 Likes

Have been making steady progress on my Bushmaster.

Thanks for looking!

2 Likes

Very nice build so far! looking forward to more!

1 Like

A little more progress.

2 Likes

This is great! About how much is 3-D printed and how much is scratch built?

Thanks! You can get a printer for as little as $200, with CAD software available as freeware. So, easy to get started.

Some more progress.

3 Likes

Some more progress.

3 Likes

Its all coming together! :grin:

1 Like

Very nice. Did you ever finish your M113 with T50 turret?

Mal

1 Like

G’day Mal,

No - the running gear was a problem. Now that I can CAD & print things like swing arms, I’ll be able to finish it.

Greg

Hi Greg
Cool. I aspire to that, got Fusion 360, but need to learn how to use it. Keep finding other things to do.

Mal

1 Like

Managed to close up the hull & get some painting done.

3 Likes

Nice. Presumably static, rather than RC?

Mal

1 Like

G’day Mal, yep 100% static. Apart from a whole different problem set, design-wise, RC never caught my interest.

3 Likes

Hi Greg
Cool, most often detailed interiors indicate static, but there are exceptions, one such - M-113A1 Medium Recon Vehicle - Australian Army 1980s - build - RC Tank Warfare community hobby forum -

Mal

1 Like

Hi, do you have the files to download this so I could print it at home or how do I do what you’re doing? I have looked so long for this model and yours is the best I’ve come across.

Good work bro, looks fantastic.

Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words.

I generally don’t release my files for printing as I only do them to my satisfaction. The Bushmaster was my first CAD project, so it’s a bit rough!

If you’re up for a challenging build, there’s the Showcase Models 1/35 kit that’s still able to be found.

Cheers

Some more recent pics. Need to mill the windscreen & windows.

2 Likes