1/16 scale kits coming from Trumpeter for 2023/4

Guess they were too busy making “weather” balloons.

4 Likes

A couple of 251’s will be nice. Finally getting to some vehicles.

1 Like

And now the 1/16 SdKfx 251 is coming! Cheers!

inside

2 Likes

Tiger appears to have some interior detail. We need to see more though.

2 Likes

100% interior.

1 Like

It seems to be like the other 1/16 models from them, PzIV, Panther and more. With some weak-points they are very good. I have some of them and really like them.
Is the Sdkfz 251 a new tool from Trumpeter or is the Hobby Boss model the base?

Oh no, I will feel obliged to spend hours reporting the errors in that Tiger model, I can sense it already.
The “Andy’s Hobby” kit had quite a few problems and it was exterior-only.
I can already see mistakes in that one blurry photo.

David

1 Like

Steel wheels on an early hull?

I don’t see anything on that hull to make it an “early” hull… ?

The first error that grabs my eye is on the turret. It is intended to be a “late” turret but has a feature from the “early” turret.

David

What do you mean? The current kit that has been released (SdKfz.251 Ausf.D) has been released by Trumpeter, not Hobbyboss ((although they are owned by the same parent company), so the Sdkfz 251/22 undoubtedly uses the same kit as a base. I don’t believe HB has released any 1/16 SdKfz 251. Are you confusing this with Das Werk?

Yes, of course you are right, I don’t know why I thought it’s from HB. Maybe I was a little confused at all yesterday.
I got the Das Werk model and the quality is really great. I have seen a report with both models and it looked like the Trumpeter model is not the one to choose. But the variant they offer is interesting

…not a literal example, and I’d hope any errors are not as basic as that.

There are some conversion sets from FC Model Trend for the Das Werk model, for example the "Stuka zu Fuss " or the " Stummel " with the short 7,5cm gun and some other. Sol Model also have some sets for the sdkfz 251, tires and more

From past experience with FC Model Trend I’d be very reluctant to purchase anything else from them.

Keith

1 Like

I never use something from them, but if you say that, there will be other brands for sure.
Is there some work to put in the parts or just bad quality?

I recommend believing them, when the kits are on the shelf.

Ditto! Been looking for the 1/35 FAMO releases for over 3 years!! :rage:

Just received Trumpeter’s 1/16 251/22. Haven’t looked it over completely, but did notice that the ammunition included for the Pak 40 is incorrect. Rounds are for the PZ IV.