1/16 Tiger & Riders (finally finished)

Hi All,
I’m not usually one for posting my work but finishing off these shelf queens feels that good. The diorama is in 1/16 scale with a Tamiya Tiger I and Jeff Shiu’s German Paratroop riders. I’m the first to say that not everything is 100% accurate to any particular photo or vehicle. While Jeff’s figures are nice, they do required quite a bit of tedious clean up and I also added equipment and replaced weapons, etc. It just got to be a long process. Mainly finished in Lifecolor acrylics with acrylic/oil faces. The cigarette smoke is simply pulled bits of cotton.
A HUGE shout out to my brother Bruce that came over to my house and lent his photography knowledge to my simple set up. He can do things with my camera that I can’t figure out (or have the patience for).
Again, a simple scene, but one that has been waiting to be called done for a long time.
Thanks for looking.
Enjoy!

Steve
engeee@aol.com

(NOTE: I could only post a certain image size here. For larger images look here:
https://www.planetfigure.com/threads/sh … rs.650248/

37 Likes

I’m speechless.

3 Likes

Stunning…exceptional work. Makes me want to pull my coat on looking at the figures. You have captured the emotional atmosphere of the moment. Great work on the figures. They add so much.

3 Likes

Incredible, and such an atmosphere - from both the modelling and photography aspect. I think I’m now going to have to melt down my collection of shelf queens into toothpicks or something…
Astonishing work!!

4 Likes

That is simply superb. You can feel the tiredness and fatigue of the troops, and the chilly air as the Tiger trundles along … Painting and finishing and the ground work are amazing. Brilliant work.

3 Likes

Fantastic,must really be impressive in person

3 Likes

Incredible. I can sell off my stash and maybe take up paint by numbers.

6 Likes

Outstanding!

3 Likes

Great work

4 Likes

Are you sure that’s a model? I didn’t think it was when I saw the first picture. :joy:

Jokes aside that is INCREDIBLE work! It looks incredibly lifelike. The weathering and the figures just add that reality to it. It looks as though you took a 3d snapshot out of history! Great job!

Colin :grin:

4 Likes

:+1: :+1:
Ken

4 Likes

I can send $50, sound like we are close to a deal!

3 Likes

Beautiful work on the tank and figures! Love it!

2 Likes

This is the pinnacle of our art form. Hats off!

3 Likes

Fantastic work on the diorama.

Cheers,
Ralph

2 Likes

That’s just outstanding. The pics really give a depressing atmosphere

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Glad you enjoy it. Your guys’ praise make it all worth it.

1 Like

Thank you! All I can say is keep doing what you’re doing… It all gets easier…or at least it’s supposed to.

2 Likes

Thank you so much.

1 Like