1/16 U.S. Army Ranger (Assault Models, head and parts re-modified)

Imgur

16 Likes

I saw this on the Putty & Paint website earlier today- I was gobsmacked how realistic it was. This is easily the finest, most realistic painting of multi-cam I’ve ever seen. Not only that but you’ve also painted the other parts to an almost photo-realistic quality- the detail even on the gloves is stunning. Plus- the face expression just matches the pose so well. I saw several pictures on the other site- I think other modeller’s would appreciate seeing some more posted here if you can.

2 Likes

I agree 100% Karl. This is a stunning figure beautifully painted in every respect. The eyes look so real as does the uniform and equipment. Amazing

3 Likes

That is a very photorealistic figure and I would not have thought “going dark” would be an excellent way to paint Multicam. You did a marvelous job! :grinning:

Do you have more photos to show?

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum. That’s one very fine introduction, sir. One of the best figures I’ve seen, period.

2 Likes

I’ve tried to post more pics last day but there are only 2 links allowed for new user :grimacing: here is link to puttyandpaint where you can see more of my work photos! My gratitude for the warm words

11 Likes

Love it. Helmet looks outstanding.

Mine. :grin:

3 Likes

Thanks for moving the pictures @Uncle-Heavy :+1:.
I

3 Likes

A piece of art !

And eyes look so expressive !

WOW. welcome to the forums, and as Rob said, that is one of the best figures i have ever seen… it needs a double take to make sure he isnt real ! Thats a phenomenal piece of work :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

The additional photos look incredible and the facial skintones appear so realistic that I am stunned. The eyes have that “thousand miles away stare” that draws attention to them.

The subtle use of highlighting, bordering, and shadows are just perfect. It is indeed one of the best 1/16 US SOF modern figures that I have ever seen painted.

I look forward to your other future builds. Please post them on Armorama when they are completed. :smile:

4 Likes

thanks for the warm words mate! Here is an update for face after weathering, just almost decide to complete but think he should be get dirty after battle that would be more epic than XD
_39A1754 by U.S. Ranger, trĂŞn Flickr

9 Likes

And to imagine this is a 1/16 scale (120mm tall) figure is just stunning! :grinning:

It looks more like one of those 1/6 dolls…much larger in scale the way you painted it. :+1:

2 Likes

Life like realism, impressive work, Huy! Outstanding work. Was the flesh work done in acrylics, or oils? Lastly, that camo pattern looks tedious, how was it?

2 Likes

Yeah, those eyes! Spectacular paint on this figure!

2 Likes

Are those kevlar or plastic skateboard helmets?

2 Likes

Mine is Kevlar. Gentex TC-2001 ACH military helmet. It’s the real deal.

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply. Ok cool.

3 Likes

a base for my Ranger
_39A0224 by U.S. Ranger, trĂŞn Flickr
_39A0204-2 by U.S. Ranger, trĂŞn Flickr

7 Likes

The best looking figure I saw in a while. Extremely realistic.

Well done!
Mario

2 Likes