1/24 Apollo 17 LEM and CSM 3D printed

I have been printing a CSM and LEM of Apllo 17 using my 3D printer and I thought I would share some results. The LEM is finished printing and I think the part count with interior and Rover is about 500. The CSM is now being printed and you can see in the pic of the both together their size against the ruler. I have to date spent about $300 in resin alone and a few hundred hours on the printer.

10 Likes

Really impressive work in a medium I’d love to learn. I’ll be following along.

Cheers,
Colin

1 Like

Good LORD have mercy, this is going to be amazing.

2 Likes

I have always wanted to build/make a big scale LM (about 25 years!). Seeing that is impressive. You must be having heaps of fun!

1 Like

Forgot to mention that in the first pic, that is only the ascent stage with interior of the LEM. The decent stage pics I have not posted nor the Rover.

1 Like

Yes and no, it’s very time consuming setting the files up to print and some of the bigger parts take up to 20-24 hours on the printer. It is nice to come home and see something new on the printer though.To say it’s a lot of work is an understatement and I still have to build it!

2 Likes

I didn’t say it would be easy! Yes, it’s interesting, this hobby, no matter what part. We do it because it’s fun and we love it - but some parts are a lot of work, with pressure and frustration. But what you’ve printed already looks great, the finished project will be very coo.

1 Like