1/25 AMT '53 Ford F-100

I just ordered this kit. Will do a build log when it arrives, I am doing it stock. The original is as old as me! LOL
AMT 1953 Ford Pickup 1 25 Scale Model Kit

3 Likes

I dig it.

Groovey man,groovey!

The original 3 and 1 kit was one of the better when it first came out. Really like that some of the great car kits from the 1960’s are being released considering what the original kits are going for these days.
Now if Revell would re-release their “metal-flake” Mopar kits. Those asymmetrical Dodge and Plymouth designs were so weird they were cool

1 Like

I built one several years ago and liked the way it built. I did it in Woodsmoke Gray color.

1 Like

That looks great. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Thanks, maybe Seafoam Green this time or Sheridan Blue. Need to do detailing on trim and Ford badge this time. I also printed a plate from my home state, MASS.

1 Like

I have a real plate…same age as me! LOL

1 Like

Back in high school I was convinced I had the coolest license plate ever.

MI License Plate

This’ll go on my '71 Mercury Cougar build.

1 Like

I have this kit and will follow. I need to convert mine to a '54 with the spare tire mounted on the driver’s side. Needs a different grille. There are kits of the '53 and '55 but no '54.

1 Like

I had that issue with the '74 Roadrunner, I owned a '73 and with minor conversion made the '74 kit a '73.

The kit ships on or after February 27th, I hope.

New arrival date March 4th 2023. We’ll see.

Newer arrival date of March 3, 2023. Fairy tails will come true…

It arrived early, have the kit washed and engine started with some detail painting.

2 Likes

More engine parts assembled.

1 Like

The engine is done for now. I need to add the radiator hoses but will do that when it is installed in the chassis.

3 Likes

Engine looks nice. What color did you use for the block?

1 Like

I used Model Master Acryl Pale Green 4739. Not sure if it still available.
Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 17-54-58 Model Master Acryl Pale Green 4739 - Google Search

Here is my version of glacier blue. That will be the body color.

1 Like