1/32 lm 5

Here is a Shapeways printed LM 5 in 1/32d scale,

I’ll post the WIP pictures a little later.

12 Likes

A few more

15 Likes

Sharp looking LM with interior!
Looks great!

1 Like

Fantastic work! I love all of the detailing and paint work. The base and figures really top it off!

1 Like

Thanks for the positive comments , I’ll post a few pictures at a time of the construction process with materials used. The initial set of photographs show the incorrect color of the 5 mil kapton foil which was corrected later on,

6 Likes

Descent stage construction pictures.

10 Likes

Oh wow!. Nice work.

1 Like

Steve, glad to see your work here in Real space section. I had seen it few times at ARC but thanks for sharing it here also.

Looking at your LM pic with astronaut figure, I did not realize the exit way was in the bottom where the astronauts had to crawl down and then out.

I wonder how many times did they hit their space suit or backpack trying getting in and out that thing and if it caused any problems? :thinking:

Anyway, learned something new about the LM today.

3 Likes

That’s absolutely stunning! Fantastic work.

Jim

1 Like

Super detailed. Outstanding model

1 Like

Stryker 45, Jim and kosprue one thank you so much for the positive comments, I’ve been out of modeling for quite sometime so your interest really makes this worthwhile. I’ve built quite a few LM’s over the years and none really pushed the envelope so I figured it was time and this is the result.
I’ve learned quite a bit about the LM during this build and developed new construction techniques I’ve not used on previous attempts . Stryker 45 that egress hatch does seem impossible to pass through with all the gear on doesn’t it but can you imagine getting dressed inside prior to exiting!

7 Likes

6 Likes

At this point of the build the 5 mil kapton on the bottom of the descent stage is the wrong color.

2 Likes

Steve, was there any temptation to say the color discrepancy wouldn’t be noticeable enough to fix?

Thanks!

1 Like

Wanna see dumb?, all the other builds were the correct color and on the ascent stage the same burgundy areas are incorrect and yes there was :grin:.

5 Likes

Your work looks sweet! You sure captured the look of the one on display at Kennedy Space Center

5 Likes

A few more in progress pictures.

2 Likes

Ascent stage shingles are plastic sheet with every rivet embossed one at a time :weary:

3 Likes

So, am I reading this right, you painted all the foil work on the descent stage? And all the panels on the ascent stage? Hand riveted?
Ken

1 Like

Outstanding!

1 Like