1/35 Dragon Panzer IV H (Kit 6300)

Tracks on and weathering started.

7 Likes

Been a while since I update this build. Things are moving along though slowly, especially with the late spring and summer upon us. Lot’s of things to do around the house.

Tools,
I shaved off the blobs that are supposed to represent wing nuts on the jack and added the actual wing nuts from the kit. I also cut off the clamp handles and added PE ones as well. Not the whole clamp just the handles.
Rear Spare track holder. I had the correct PE spare track holder brackets so I added one indicating a missing spare track and added wing nuts from the kit.

As I build this kit more the realize this particular Panizer IV was an extremely late -H. Gone is rthe wooden antenna holder on the right side as well as the air pre-cleaner.

You might notice the hacked up rear bulkhead. I had to cut big parts of it away in order to get the superstructure to fit.

5 Likes

Looking good! It looks to me as though the ATAK Zimmerit is much better than Dragon’s moulded on version anyway. They always seem to get it too even and not rough enough looking at contemporary pictures or original museum pieces.

2 Likes

Yeah, the ATAK stuff is great to work with. Very easy. Looks accurate too.

1 Like

Turret Shurzen on, along with Zimmerit and cupola completed.I also started adding the left side brackets for the hull shurzen.

Here you go.

IMG_1247X600
IMG_1249X600

5 Likes

Some pics!

Here’s the figure I am adding to this build.

3 Likes

That will fit the bill.

Update on my Panzer iVH (Late) build. Painting has been done and a pin wash and filter applied. This particular Panizer IV is done in the colours of a 3rd Panzer Division Tank in the Ukraine in 1944. The balkenkreuz was painted on with a mask. The numbers are decals.

The figure is almost done and I will post pics hopefully soon. I have one side of the Shurzen done and will be working on the other.

9 Likes

And a picture of the actual tank. Not a very good one but it shows the camo used.

1 Like

You did a great job

1 Like