1/35 German MG Support Rifleman

Hello everyone, my last post kinda fell through and I didn’t keep up with it like I should’ve. I’ll try better this time, I promise. The base of the figure is from Masterbox, but most of the gear is from Dragon and Verlinden. I haven’t attached the hands or head, mainly because the hands keep falling off and I don’t have a suitable head yet. I added PE A-frame suspenders from Verlinden. I also scratch-built a couple of straps, mainly for the extra MG barrel and the mess tin. I’m not sure what I’m going to do for a base, I’m kinda envisioning a guy running through rubble. We’ll see. I’m not sure how long I spent building it, maybe 2-3 hours, but I have been recording the painting progress. My next photos will be after 2 hours of work.

8 Likes

2 Hours of Work:

3 Likes

Colin it looks like you’ve got done nice shade/ shadow on the paint leg. Looking real good. Nice job on the personal equipment too!

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll add more pictures when I finish the equipment.

I meant pant leg sorry!

1 Like

I like what you’ve done there Colin- the shading and highlighting is all in the right places and looks good. The scratched metal finish on the mess tin is also excellent.

1 Like

@metalhead85 , No worries, I didn’t even realize! I was pleasantly suprised with the little amount of highlight blending I had to do. I mixed Scale 75 with Vallejo on a wet pallette and when I applied the paint it blended itself.
@Karl187 , Thanks a lot! I am quite happy with how it turned out.

1 Like

3 hours, 27 minutes

3 Likes

Finished some more of the gear, I’m considering changing out the bread bag seeing as it doesn’t have many folds. It doesn’t look interesting. Either that, or I could sculpt some folds. I also painted the head and am quite happy with the result.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I haven’t painted the helmet yet, but will soon.

1 Like

Feedback is welcome, I would appreciate it.

I don’t think you really need to add anything to the bread bag. You have it painted well and it is sort of hidden away beside and under other bits of kit on that figure.

You have done a fine job on the face. The one criticism of your work I’d make is to thin your paint a little more- it’s not too bad at all but it is noticeable on the smaller items like the E-tool and the water bottle.

1 Like

Thank you. As I look back at the photo, the canteen does look thick. I also didn’t like how the E-tool turned out, so I might repaint it.

1 Like

I’m going to put this project on pause, seeing as I’ve lost my mojo for it. I don’t feel like continuing it. I’ll probably work on it more in the next couple months. Thanks for y’all’s time and feedback. Sincerely,
Colin