1/35 King Tiger build thread

Guys, my favorite tank of all time has been the German King Tiger. I know alot of you out there feel the same way. So lets see what you got. Finished, in the works or thinking about doing or hiding in the Stash.

3 Likes

Here’s my Tamiya “Porsche” King Tiger #35169 (1993), to get the party started.

Started in 2004, after 17 years as a shelf queen, finished in 2021.

13 Likes

Kool! I really like the Zimmerrit and the chipping on it.

2 Likes

Not a king tiger per se but just got this today. It’s my fav Tabk destroyer of WW2

Probably going to build it as the one captured in Paderborn sent to bovington (though I may add camo for artistic license)

I also have the Meng King Tiger, not sure what I’ll do with it yet but I love the king Tiger too

5 Likes

Love the zimmerit on this!

2 Likes

I have Meng’s KT on the go (although I haven’t touched it for 3-4 months). It’s a good kit - no complaints. My only comment is that there are a lot of holes to plug up if you are using aftermarket / etch in places.

7 Likes

Mead, The Cavalier Zimmerit sets from back in the day rocked. Used one on the Porsche KT.

Michael, KT stash goodies, 3 kits & a Chesapeake Model Design conversion for a June 1945 “paper panzer” KT with the stereoscopic range finder.

4 Likes

Thats some serious Tiger Action there. Ive been looking at the Academy Kingtiger late version, the one with the Octopus Camo. The only big turnoff for me is the lower hull comes in seperate pieces. I prefer the one piece molded lowers.

2 Likes