1/35 m1117 w/ interior

I’d like to see the decal you made. Which system was it for? For the CROWS you can use something like this:

1 Like

I’m still alive! This kit has been fighting back a lot… lots of tweaking and problems and eventually i lost interest. But I’m back and it’s almost done!!! Here are some updates!!

2 Likes

Question… I didn’t like the decals that came with the kit so i for the only after market decals i could find and i didn’t really take at them…

Is this a real unit in Iraq? I can’t really imagine a US vehicle with swastikas running around…

2 Likes

That does seem… suspect. You’d think if a photo of that vehicle existed it would be fairly prominent on the internets.

Where are the swastikas? I just see a black cross. Any other pics from the set’s directions?

Swastika was an exaggeration, but if you zoom in, the black cross is outlined in white and that palm tree in the background is clearly Rommel inspired.

Nevermind, those be swastikas…

1 Like

Haha sorry i guess showing the whole decal sheet would have been a good idea

1 Like

Yup, those are swastikas. I have seen a USMC EGA and palm tree emblem in Iraq, but I doubt any commander would allow swastikas on a US military vehicle.

EGA Palm Tree Emblem

1 Like

Maybe that’s what echelon was going for… they just messed up a little hahaha

According to Echelon’s website the vehicle belonged to the1-221st Cavalry 11th ACR in Iraq. No further info was given and I couldn’t find any photos of the actual vehicle.

Echelon are known for being serious in their research.
Another decals sheet with a Spartan helmet is in their range .
Echelon Fine Details #D356103 81st Brigade Combat Team M1117 ASV Guardians in Iraq

Olivier

I don’t see an issue with a Spartan helmet, but I do with the swastikas. The US is pretty averse to them, not as much as Europe (no laws against it, etc.), but they would not be allowed on a military vehicle.

I wanted to get the Spartan decal sheet but the only supplier is China and i didn’t feel like waiting so i opted for this decal sheet. I might actually try to contact echelon and get some info on it… i don’t care for much usually but I’m really curious about this haha

1 Like

I emailed Echelon earlier this morning asking them if this is an actual us vehicle and if there are any pictures of the real vehicle… hopefully they get back soon!

I used the 81st BCT markings on mine. They went on very well but not without using extra care. The sheet was very small and the decals were printed very close together making cutting them apart difficult. Often there wasn’t a lot of backing paper to hold onto when trying to place them. The bumper codes and stenciling were hard to position properly without messing them up.

the DAK is real… just got confirmation from Echelon

Interesting. Did he say where he saw them or have any additional pictures. I still am skeptical that a US commander allowed them to be put on a US military vehicle.

1 Like

Unless he had a very short career :grin: … but I seriously agree … if Id done that on my wagon, the crap would of hit the extractor at about Mach3

1 Like

This was sent to my by echelon… I’m kinda in shock!