1/35 m163 interior question

So i have academy’s 1/35 m163 and saw this…:

Is this kit accurate? I seen some interior photos of the m163 and a couple things seem different… but what do i know, i never been inside one hahaha

Here is the link for more pictures

Yes, it is accurate. It has parts to make either the original (Vietnam test) interior with loose ammo racks, or the later interior with ammo drum. Hobby Link kits are really nice. I have built a couple with no issues.

I also do own Hobby Link´s interior set. It´s 3d printed and of nice quality. The floor is lightly warped but nothing which can not be fixed. I did pay 80 Dollars directly from the manufacturer

It may be accurate for a pre-production version as I only served on the A1’s. The ammo against the back wall was in a container with a seat that slid out. The two were connected by a feed chute and altogether held like 250 rds if I recall. The wall can was loaded by means of a the end door which opened and linked rounds were hung on a rail along the top. They were feed into a chute at the back end of the door and into the seat, which opened from the top.
This is about the only picture from that time I could find and you can just barely make out the wall can and chute.

Brad

If you manage to find Hobby Fan’s M163 interior offering… go for that one. It is a gem.

Mario

Thanks for the replies! There is a US seller on eBay selling these kits… i might check it out soon

You can also buy them directly from Wanamaker Hobbies for a little less. He is most likely the eBay seller you are referring to.

I looked, he is : 1/35 HOBBY LINK US M163 Interior | eBay
Ken