1/35 m2a1 half track

Just working on the stowage! I’m almost done! Any tips are more than welcome

2 Likes

Here’s the ammo can in use. Also a picture of the can by itself.

1 Like

That’s not the same kind of mount or box that he used on his model though, he used a different style. Both are in the dragon kit.

I saw the difference too. But I could not find any info on that design.

I wish I had one of these kits, but they are so expensive now…

Sorry for the disappearance but I’m back! I could not find any info at all about those weird looking ammo cans so I switch 2 of the 30cal back to the older style. Anyways the exterior is pretty much done… Just have to mud it up a bit.

1 Like

I’m still trying to get better painting the stowage. I got and aftermarket set from value gear and the mold are actually very good especially for the price! If anybody has any painting tips for the tarps and things let me know!

This is my first try at bullet damage… I drilled the holes. I painted around the holes with dark grey then painted the inside with steel and put a little rust below it… Let me know what you think!

6 Likes

It all looks great! Loving the weathering!

Thanks! The weathering was kind of an accident… It came from a brown filter that I brushed on and it came out awesome

1 Like

Excellent effect :+1::+1::+1:
Excellent effect.
I hope when I will make my model that look a little similar.
congratulation.
Omar

Looking really good but you forgot the hand grips on the .50 cal. And I believe the ammo box should be the big one. I think the one you have on it is for the smaller .30 cal.

Jesse

1 Like

I’m sure you could make your model look better than mine! Like I said, it’s my first time using washes and doing some battle damage… But after a few failed experiments I sorta got what I wanted haha

1 Like

I noticed that but there are no 50 cal ammo boxes provided with the kit… Also the pedestal that comes for the 30 cals can’t be elevated, they are fixed in a straight forward position. To change it would require a lot of work I think and that’s something I don’t really want to get involved with!

Those ammo boxes are fine for the fifty cal, they are just an early style and not specific to any MG.

You can see them being used together in these photos:

2 Likes

Finally finished! Let me know if I missed anything or anywhere I could improve or whatever you feel Like criticizing!

3 Likes

6 Likes

Crackin good job. Good looking stowage. Subtle weathering. :+1: :+1:

I really like it! Great job!

I want to thank everyone for the complements and helping me throughout the project! You guys are awesome! I’ll see you around and thanks again!!

1 Like