1/35 │ M37 │ SS Models

Hi all, This time I started to try a completely 3D printed model that M37 from SS ModelsThe details are great, but the kit is so fragile that you have to be very careful. In fact, it came with many broken pieces the first time, and then the seller sent replacement parts very quickly. :beer: :crossed_fingers:

9 Likes

What a very interesting little model; it looks just great.

5 Likes

Interesting. The kit includes the wrong 105mm howitzer. This appears to have the barrel/breach of the M3 105mm which was a short barreled towed weapon. The M37 used the M4 howitzer which was shared with the M4 (105) Sherman. Hunnicutt, in Stuart: A History of the American Light Tank vol 1, makes no mention of any M37 or it’s T76 prototype with an M3 howitzer.

Here is a photo of the M37 at the US Army Artillery Musem at Ft Sill.

Rick

3 Likes

That’s a very nice looking kit.

M37, formerly of Jacques Littlefield Collection in California.

3 Likes

What in the world?! Never seen that before, and now I want one!

Found them on Amazon, looks like some cool kits

2 Likes

Thanks for the comments :crossed_fingers: Kit definitely has beautiful details, but unfortunately I couldn’t find any good references no matter how much I searched.

1 Like

mini update…

4 Likes

Great looking kit.
I scratch built one but never finished the gun. I still have it and not enough detailed reference at the time. Years later someone emailed me all the detailed pictures that he had of the M37 SPG.

Cheers,
Ralph

2 Likes

Rivet counter. People like you are ruining the hobby. :roll_eyes:

But seriously, I have a hard time calling a kit with an error that significant “great”.

KL

2 Likes

At least there is a time for airbrush practices :v: I’ve been ignoring the mistake of barrel for a while now, and if it wasn’t for such a technical error, the whole story could have been better. :beer: :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

mini update… :beer:

3 Likes