1/35 M4A2 Sherman (Zvezda)

Temporarily assembling the suspension, no issues here:

3 Likes

That sure does look good.

Because the bogies are reversible I would add the four drill holes.

4 Likes

I made the additional concrete armor on the front with plasticard and Magic Sculp (thanks uncle Night Shift :wink: ) , also the side wood planks with coffee sticks and Meng bolts:

I will make damage on the concrete and the planks later :slight_smile:

Cheers!

3 Likes

Looks very nice, really like the wood planks.

1 Like

That’s coming along nicely

1 Like

Looking great! Martin is helpful isnt he!

2 Likes

Looking good!

1 Like

Considering there were several foundries producing Sherman turrets, is it remotely possible that not ALL were identical to a SINGLE prototype? :thinking:
:smiley:

Oh no, the Sherman turret evolved as production went along. Features were added, deleted, or changed. And each foundry had their own take on how to cast the turret and individual finishing. That’s one of the fun things about Sherman’s, there is a lot more subtle variety to them than meets the eye initially.

Added concrete texture with Surfacer 500 and some damage:

4 Likes

Looks good. Makes me want to pull out the old Italeri Sherman and give it a similar treatment. Keep up the good work.

1 Like

Thanks, I have an idea for small Pacific diorama for this, with vegetation etc.

That will look awesome. You going to add any figures and if so make a video painting them?

1 Like

If I find suitable figures, preferred resin ones, but there’s not very much choise for PTO marines.

For in action poses I think the Dragon Gen2 figures are the best you can find. Master Box, Evolution and Warrior also have a few inaction figures. Evolution is the best out of that group.

Andrea has a great inaction figure.

1 Like

I think you misunderstood my post. You disagreed with me with “Oh no”, but basically reinforced my statement by saying that the turrets “evolved as production went along”. My point was in response to a previous post which claimed the turret having the wrong bustle shape, and asking if “not ALL were identical to a SINGLE prototype?” I was implying if there may have been some variation in production and between foundries.
:smiley:

@Biggles50, yes I figured you meant something along those lines. And yes there had to have been slight variance from the prototype by the various foundries, just as you said. Just not the squared off box contours as Zvezda molded them. :wink: But I think that he did a fine job of correcting them to “close enough”. I’m not the type of guy who gets out the scale line drawings and superimposes them over photos of kit parts and rants about the two not matching and then declares a kit “unbuildable”.

Evolution figures are fantastic, but they are more relaxed. I will decide later, let’s finish the tank first :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I wanted to try here the Greenstuffworld matt black primer I bought recently, which is an acrylic one and has no odor, because in the winter I spray inside. I thinned it a little for easier spray through my HP-CS with 0.35mm nozzle. It needs maybe 2-3 light coats, but self-levels nice and smooth and dry matte. I like it very much :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Looking great! Makes me want to attempt a Pacific Sherman after my M4 Calliope and M4 Grizzly are done…
Will you be adding any of the welded on spikes around the turret hatches?

1 Like