1/35 │ M728 │ AFV Club

Dear all,

After short break, i started M728 kit from AFV… It was build straight forward without any issue… :beer:

15 Likes

Looks good, I especially like the way the chains are draped on the glacis.
Just one caveat: In your pictures 5 and 6, you have mounted the tracks running in different directions; when you mount them to stay, the “V” should point down when seen from the front, as on the left hand side in your pics.

3 Likes

Looking good :+1:

2 Likes

Wow you work fast. Excellent progress.

2 Likes

That pre-shading has really helped you achieve a fantastic finish, the top camo colour looks amazing. :+1:

Watto.

1 Like

Great job. I went with Maaster camo, saw them at Hohenfels in the mid 70’s. The PE basket screen was a bear to bend well.

5 Likes

I love your paint job. The preshading really made it turn out nice. Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Looks great and you are a fast builder.

Cheers,
Ralph

2 Likes

Thanks :beer: its like just test fitting, but thanks again, i will keep in mind for sure :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for all kind words :smiley: :crossed_fingers: :beer:

1 Like

Today’s work …

9 Likes

Looking good, do you spray or brush paint your tracks? I’m just about ready to paint the workable tracks on my Churchill and cannot decide which way to go. :thinking:

Watto.

1 Like

You should probably do both. Airbrush for the base colors and a brush for dry brushing out the details. Since Churchill tracks are all steel they are pretty easy to paint.

3 Likes

Nice tonal variations, better than mine which lacks that added “touch”. I used Karaya copper cables for the lifting and winch cables, made a great difference over the kit-supplied string.

3 Likes

Nice one, thank you I’ll take your advice. :+1:

2 Likes

Agreed, probably do both and results will be nice… This time, I went with only airbrush… Next steps on the tracks, i will do bit more rusty wash and add some dust with pigments…

1 Like

After coat of satin varnish, i tried brown filter and to be honest, I don’t like it … I’ll continue with oil paints
as what I know … :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Karaya cables made the quite difference by the way. I have naturally rusted Karaya cables that are around 20-25 years old. :sweat_smile: and mines are very mismatched sizes; were not sufficient.

Added dark wash for the base…

1 Like

Holy smokes, Jim. that CEV looks amazing; I like the high visibility yellow on the dozer blade and rear drive sprockets, gives it a nice touch.

2 Likes