1/35 Pearson Barbadian mine roller …Take 2

Thanks Richard - a huge distraction though from Terry’s tour de forceon this kit. That’s the trouble with this site I find, it doesn’t take much for the memories to be stimulated and off we go!

I too have heard the Cookie Sewell story but believe it was a T-80 - possibly with ERA? I too can’t remember; I’m sure it’s lurking somewhere on the www.

I still chuckle sometimes when I think about those very early, and really amateurish efforts (I mean, curtain runners for mine rollers?) A 1:35 and a 1:87 model both classified “Secret” - I mean what the hell? I was only a Private - clearly I had a lot to learn!

1 Like

Yes my apologies Terry. I’ve been checking in on this topic and your kit is coming along beautifully. Great painting so far!

3 Likes

Absolute cracker mate … you smashed it, super scratch building and as per Jackal, superb attention to details throughout … I love the BV … scratch or Accurate A ? Tesco bag is a very clever touch as is the bergen in a plastic bag :+1: :+1:

3 Likes

I swear I thought this was a reference photo at first:

6 Likes

The BV is scratch as per the Jackal as Accurate Armour only make the early version not the current RAK version…thanks for taking the time … more to follow…

1 Like

Yes so did I !

3 Likes

Same thinking for most of Barny’s models pics.
His Jackal is also incredible.

3 Likes

10 Likes

Much appreciated

2 Likes

Image no 3 is prefect for a 1 to 1 shot mate … looks superb.

4 Likes

Figure finally done for the Husky

6 Likes

That is some truly outstanding work there Terry; well done.

2 Likes

Much appreciated mate thank you

1 Like

“Is It Real; Or Is It Memorex?”

Hard to tell which picture is real and which one’s the model. Outstanding detail through and through. :+1:

4 Likes

Finally finished this …heavily converted meng Husky with the Barbadian mine roller …

6 Likes

10 Likes

Wow, this looks very cool. Interior sure is busy. Nike work.

2 Likes

You give so much details and realism to your models ! For exemple textured photoetch plate used to simulate the fabric of the stretcher is a really good idea !

The soldier looks very convincing too.

:+1:

3 Likes

Damn - the way you have photographed it makes it seem almost real! Love the effort and attention to detail you have put into this- from the Tesco bag hidden away in a rear locker to the way you can see the little bulbs in the lights to the various bits of dirt and scrapes all over the vehicle- it all works so well. Congrats on a wonderful piece.

3 Likes

Outstanding model Terry. Detailing, finishing, and weathering are superb. With the extraordinary detail of the model, plus the lighting and photography, you truly have achieved a 1:1 appearance. It all looks shockingly real. I’m sure if you put these photos on a non-modeling site, no one would identify this as a model. Excellent results!

2 Likes