1/35 saracen

Hi sorry if this has been posted before, I just saw this come up on badger3d.co.uk that they have this available. I haven’t used them yet but they have a lot of interesting kits 3d printed in various scales.

1 Like

Details may look a bit clunky in 1/35… hard to say until someone takes one for the team and gets one …

1 Like

Well volunteered Johnny :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Haha nice try

1 Like

:unamused::pensive::pensive::pensive::pensive::pray::pray:

1 Like

This is awesome thanks for sharing. The FV603 is a favorite and the tire bulge looks right on for operational. Previous kits have much thinner tires looking lame compared to photos of bulged tires on 603s and 604s, but sure there are variations.

Being 3D printed the large prints roll up many details. I don’t know if parts cutting for correction or customization will work for the kit material. I would like to see one built and or reviewed.

1 Like

I’ve ordered a few bits from them, (not the Saracen) to scope the quality & lead times. I’ll update when I have news.

Prior thread re the Saracen Here

Perhaps id Rob G builds this, maybe Dragon/black Dog will do the hurry-up on plastic one?

1 Like

It might be a good base to scratch onto, though I imagine it will take a lot of patience. I wonder what the CVRT’s are like? There’s also a lot of vehicles I haven’t seen anywhere else.

1 Like

It was @gogs007 who shared… I just chipped in…

Like Max @Maximus8425 said, they do offer some interesting vehicles, but as I said, my only concern is what the 1/35 product looks like.

The images shown are I presumed the war gaming scale and certain elements do look clunky and over sized in that scale… My concern is if that translates into bigger scales …:thinking:

1 Like

Also mate, that thing I was going to do… I will get round to it but when the bike accident occured I forgot all about doing it… So it got sidelined… Will put the order in this week hopefully ok

1 Like

Not a drama mate, i’ll get them in the post to you. You did say you’re at the same address?

1 Like

I recently worked on Badger 3D’s ‘Combat Engineer Tractor’ in 1/72 scale, and was particularly impressed both by the accuracy and level of detail. That said, I added a few missing features,
based on reliable reference photos. As you can see, I depicted the CET as a vehicle operating
at BATUS. I am currently awaiting their ‘Humber Pig Mk.2’ model (in 1/76 scale), and am looking
forward to tackling the ‘Saracen’ at some point.

Paul

5 Likes

That does look nice Paul… I still think the details are going to be a let down in 1/35… Just looking at the Boxer Remote MG, there is zero detail to it, same as the Spartan GPMG and loads of other details on the Sultan, Cr2, Scimitar… Sights, mirrors, row ropes, and lots of etc !! Will be happy to eat humble pie, but I think these are likely to peak out at the 1/76ish scale or below for war gamers …

1 Like

Johnnych01,

Yes, I suspect you may be correct in terms of detail on some of the larger scales …
not so much of an issue at 1/76 and 1/72 scales.

Paul

2 Likes

I think it may well be a case of suck it and see for someone. I’ve heard that 3d printing in resin produces a smoother print but I’ll admit I haven’t seen one in the flesh. It might get away from the striations I have seen on other 3d printed items. Must admit I really like the Humber Hornet.

1 Like

Chaps, before we get too wrapped around the axle, in addition to the highly detailed Accurate Armour kit in resin, there is also the Firing Line (hitherto Dartmoor Models) version, also a resin kit with, at least in mine, some white metal.

See:

Saracen Mk.2 Armoured Personnel Carrier (davidjparkins.com)

and (from their site):

I have the original Dartmoor version in my stash, and it looks pretty good; needless to say, not started, but possibly, not least due to the the soft pressure from the site, may well be moved up the list.

After of course, completing the double-figures stash of half-completed doom(!)

4 Likes

Mmmm… Just looking at the Spartan and there’s no wheel spacing between 2nd and 3rd and 3rd and 4th wheel stations which means the vehicle will be the wrong length. Should be able to see the torsion bar hub between those wheels.

1 Like

Generally if the CAD files are correct the scaling lies in the .stx files, which print according to proportionality. That being said clearly images of what folks want by scale are called for. I am interested in 1/35, but I want to see many more images of the Saracen in this scale, but same should be provided to the others working in other scales. The various images should show the soft and clunky detail for all to decide.

I had forgotten about the Dartmoor kit, but always thought the tires too thin. I was looking at the Accurate kit, but tires are better and still need more bulge. All I see right now is I like the Saracen tires on the website. Too much additional information is required to decide further. 3DBadger, please show more images!

Paul

1 Like

this one looks good to my eyes and a good price

1 Like

Looks nice in the render shot … And 1/35 is out of stock ? But 1/48 is only £20 odd or so so I can’t see /35 scale being much more …

1 Like