1/35 T-34/76 UZTM (Zvezda)

I have prepared asparagus leaves in glycerine bath for 2-3 small pine trees, which will give some visual interest to the scene :slight_smile:

Cheers!

4 Likes

Pine trees are ready, now I will preoceed with the terrain and the Ice and water :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I “upgraded” the trees on the top with toothpicks, for more realistic look.
For volume of the branches I used Noch 08321 dark green static grass 2.5mm, sprinkled with my homemade applicator and hairspray for glue.
The brown grass I will use for dry branches, which will add later.

3 Likes

I put the T-34 in the base, using AK Wet ground paste and some rocks.
Also I had prepared the ice, using epoxy crystal resin, mixed with white acrylic (it leaves particles, but this is desirable effect) and AK Ice sparkles. First time making ice, I think it looks convincing :slight_smile:

5 Likes

First try sprinkling snow on one of the trees. I used spray fixative and Noch powder snow.
I think it looks good :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Looks like one of those trees I want to give a kick when marching past so that all the snow falls on the guy behind me :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

I did this so many times, especially in school :grin:

2 Likes

Beautiful!

1 Like

Nice build. Love the trees.
That heating dugout looks like a recipe for carbon monoxide poising though.

1 Like

You mean the heating oven box on the back?

There is a chimney leading out to the side between the roadwheels.

1 Like

Yeah. No seal has ever failed, especially when using Soviet “technology.” :slightly_smiling_face:

We used similar low tech in our tents. The chimney was just a set of pipes that fitted into each other. Once the fire got going the draft in that chimney pulled in cold air from the outside and ejected smoke outside. In another tent they added a pound of weapon grease to the wood, the blue flames reached two feet above the top of the chimney and the pipes glowed red-yellow …

you’re a bad man sir…if you want be positiveit evil, grab one of the longer branches as you walk past and hold on to it for as long as you can, then release it and it whips back covering the guy behind you…

so I have been told…ahem by a friend cough cough

I did just that, a young birch tree that had bent in an arch over the path.
The two guys behind me used some seriously foul language and then
insisted on walking in front of me.
So I made a tennisball sized ball of snow and threw it into the snow on the next
bent over birch tree they walked under.
I can be evil from both directions :smiling_imp:

5 Likes