1/35 T-34/76 UZTM (Zvezda)

Hi,

Another of the new Zvezda kits I started recently, again out of the box build, I added texture where is needed. Very clever from Zvezda to make the end of the track sprues like a jig :slight_smile:

I really like the new forum, especially the way pictures are moved with simple drag from the folder on the PC.

Cheers!

7 Likes

Looks very crisp, nice kit and nice build!

Will be following this build as well. What is the box between the exhausts? Almost looks like another exhaust but I don’t recall seeing it before in photos or kits.

I don’t know, honestly, just followed the instructions, I wonder myself too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looking around, it is also on the t-34/85 kit as well. None of the written reviews for either kit seem to mention or call that out that I saw with a quick search.

1 Like

External Stove for preheating the engine.

From https://henk.fox3000.com/t34-2.htm :

T34/85 - with heatings-oven on rearside - Postwar, produced in Poland and used in East-Germany - posted by Matthias Muth

This vehicle is a PostWar T34/85 from East Germany. On the back of the vehicle is an oven for pre-heating the engine. The T34 is a post war and Polish made. The East German army adapted on some T-34’s this oven. The oven was used with coal and wood.

3 Likes

Thanks!

I suspected something like this :slight_smile:

The Zvezda T-34/76 model 1942 (kit 3686) has the same stove included.

What did you use for the texture?

Surfacer 500

Not only for preheating the engine. For heating dugout for tankers too.

3 Likes

Primer with black and white Surfacer 1500, basic highlights:

4 Likes

Also the openings on the wheels are shallow, so if you want better appearance, they need to be drilled :slight_smile:

1 Like

Initial coat of 4BO green with some highlights, I will make additional modulation later

Wow, the new forum is much nicer, thanks!

6 Likes

Looks great. Good looking kit out of box.

1 Like

I decided that it will be winter setting for this tank, so I have some snow effects, also epoxy resin for the river. My idea is the T-34 is driving out of a frozen river on the river bank :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I made the base terrain with DAS white clay (the foam is sealed with acrylic putty before that), small rocks on the riverbank with cork bark.
The T-34 is whitewashed with AK Washable paint :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Really great start overall, looking frwd to your next progress.
Are there any plans for infantry riders?
Cheers :beer: Dave

Thanks!

I’m searching for winter riders, but didn’t found suitable ones. Maybe I will leave it that way we’ll see :slight_smile:

Cheers!

Without riders works too, of course. Just the effect of icy conditions and advancing armour would be compelling enough! :cold_face:
Dave :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Indeed!

Ice Ice baby :stuck_out_tongue:
I tried to make ice from clear epoxy resin (local brand), mixed with AK Ice sparkles (gives shiny look here and there) and Noch snow powder (for duller and whitish look).
I think it looks convincing, will use it for the larger ice pieces :slight_smile:

2 Likes