@Russelle requested I do a build log for my HMS Zulu which I am building for the Siege of Malta Campaign so I figured why not.
I will be doing her in her mid-late 1942 loadout when she was serving in the Mediterranean and when she was sunk September 1942.
The Trumpeter kit is for an early war version so I will be doing some modifications to the limit of my skills. I have ordered a bunch of AM to assist me from Micro Master and Black Cat models and boy is it simply gorgeous stuff.
So far I have gotten as far as building/painting the hull. I attempted to correct the sheer issue on the bow and was moderately successful. I did lose the flair as hull plates come up to meet the deck which is not something I know how to correct.
The other issue I am working on is the rear funnel. I needed to remove around 2mm of length to reflect the refitted funnel on the ship. My method was to take 2mm tape and use it as a guide.
Currently I am waiting for the putty to dry on the join. Looks like it worked pretty well.