1/350 scale Taiwanese tugboat YTL-45

On researching a trip to Taiwan a few years ago, I stumbled upon photos of this Orange Hobby 1/350 scale Taiwanese tugboat YTL-45. Here are my photos of the build. I added nearly 60 parts fabricated by me, as well as crew members from L’Arsenal. The buoy is also from Orange Hobby.

Erik

9 Likes

WOW :astonished: That is amazing detail on a tiny model. Very well done

2 Likes

SUPER job on an unusual, unsung subject! I like the little buoy too, it adds a lot to the simple scene. :clap: :smile:

1 Like

Those Orange Hobby tugs are great!

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words guys! The reason I decided to post these photos several years after I finished this build is because this model was destroyed in an accident yesterday. I have my models sitting on a shelf (about 5 feet above the floor), not in a display case. I was reaching behind the model, pulled my arm back towards myself, and my sleeve caught on the top of the mast. It flipped the model up side down as it fell off the shelf. Damaged and destroyed pieces shot all over the place. Total loss. That’s a first for me. Six months of work gone in a second. I’m still in shock. Anyway, here are some more photos of the recently departed:

1 Like

…this model was destroyed in an accident yesterday…Damaged and destroyed pieces shot all over the place. Total loss. … Six months of work gone in a second.

Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :tired_face:

At least you took some good pictures… :smirk:

1 Like

Tim, Yeah. I’m thankful for the fact I that took so many photos. I guess in a way this is sort of like selling a model once you’re done with it. I have the photos, but no actual model in my possession. The sinking feeling in my stomach will pass with time I guess. I thought maybe I was rash in throwing the whole thing away. I looked through the trash after I got home from work today. Absolutely nothing salvageable. The weight of the wood base really did a number on the delicate little model when it landed on the floor upside down. The buoy was even a total loss!

Erik