1/35th scale Tamiya 25 Pounder Field gun and Limber with eduard PE set

Looking fantastic!

2 Likes

This gun is really turning out excellent. You’ve done brilliant work with the photo etch and it all really brings this ancient kit up to speed. Great project.

2 Likes

Nice clean work so far. I would much rather build a superb fitting old Tamiya kit than a new “super detailed” kit with a bizillion bits.
J

1 Like

as you ask I use this, and it’s the best adhesive I’ve found for PE to plastic and PE to PE.

4 Likes

I left off the wheel hub nuts and the 12 PE strengthening plates on the edge of the rotation base. The gun in a light misting of white primer paint.

7 Likes

pe for the rear plate of the limber.

pe for the tow arm.

building up the strong box.

6 Likes

this shot describes the difference between the PE bracket and the kit part to it’s right that it replaced.

5 Likes

it’s getting there, just a few pe parts to go still.

7 Likes

with a light coat of primer ready for airbrushing, with the Quad, starting that soon.

9 Likes

This is excellent work sprocket. The PE set really adds the necessary detail to an old kit. I’m not an artillery guy but your build and others on this site have inspired me. Just gotta get through my other projects first.

3 Likes

Beautiful!

3 Likes

Beautiful work.

If you don’t mind, Tamiya made a small mistake in their instructions. If you leave off the muzzle brake, then you should also remove the breech counterweight that was present to balance it. That chunky square block just forward of the breechblock, on top of the tube, is the counterweight.