1/48 Armor vehicles and tanks need recommendations please

Hello everyone,
I have a basic question. Just began adding accessories to my 1/48 plane kits. I see Tamiya, Italri, and ICM make vehicles and diorama accessories in 1/48 and so do several resin kit companies.

I need help with manufacturers out there who make vehicles and diorama pieces and accessories in 1/48. Any suggestions outside of what I have already named would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Anthony

1 Like

Everything in O Scale (1/4 inch) model railroading is 1/48 and the selection of accessories is huge.

Cheers,
Colin

2 Likes

For models, Bronco, AFV Club and Hobby Boss have some items in their catalogues. For accessories I can remember now:

https://valuegeardetails.com/UniversalStowage48.html

1 Like

Accurate Armour makes nice 1/48 resin vehicles.

1 Like

Not sure exactly what you’re looking for, but Hauler makes a lot of both PE detail sets, and resin + PE kits in 1/48.
:smiley: :canada:

2 Likes

Thank you very much, this is excellent!
Anthony

1 Like

Thank you very much, this is excellent informaiton!
Anthony

1 Like

Any idea if there are any German O-scale trains or rails cars, engines, or anything of that nature? I’ll investigate just asking in case you know of any.
Thanks
Anthony

1 Like

Awesome, Thank you very much, this is excellent information!
Anthony

Thank you very much, great information!
Anthony

thank you

The simplest answer is … loads. In my neck of the woods this shop is good at getting anything I’ve been interested in and has a decent search engine:

If someone chimes in from the RailRoad Modelling side of the KitMaker network they could probably recommend a LHS for you or you could post in their catagory. They’ve always been helpful - probably trying to lure you to the dark side :grin:.

Good Luck!

Cheers,
Colin

P.S. The European equivalent of 1/48 is 7mm.
P.P.S. Be ready for a little “sticker shock”. Try searching “unpowered” or “dummy” and “kit”.

Wherever it’s going to make a difference, O Scale is the same as 1/48 in the US; in U.K. it is 1/43.5; and the rest of Europe - 1/45. So…for instance, a 1/43 Sherman tank is going to be considerably larger than a 1/48 Sherman. Like she said, “Size does matter!” :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you, Colin. I will spend some time looking over O-scale trains looking for WWII german box cars, Rail cars, and engines if they exist somewhere. Really appreciate the help everyone.

1 Like

Thank you Biggles50 for the detailed information buddy!

Be aware that difference in scale also means difference in rail gauge. British and European sourced rolling stock will have too wide gauged wheels to fit on US O scale track. The same problem also exists between British and European stock. The only solution is to go to a model RR shop and buy replacement wheel sets, or complete trucks so they will all fit on a common track.

Aside from Marklin and some of those model railroad companies, the only 1/48 German rail cars I know of are 3D printed. There was a company about 20 years ago that made some resin kind of we were supposed to be really good, but they went out of business. Only a couple cars I think mainly passenger cars. I’m getting old and I can’t remember the name.

If you want a steam locomotive, AHM made a BR80 steam locomotive - er, Dampflok. It’s a really nice kit. I reviewed it on Railroad Modeling long ago. The original site. Though it has not been archived. Maybe we should all get together and lobby Jim to archive the site? I think it was originally a river Rossi molding. It is in 1/45. The scale difference does not bother me because railway equipment tends to be massive and a 6% difference in size is, in my opinion, not something that anybody will notice it unless they are intimate with the subject matter. I’ll throw this in even though it’s on the other side of the world, Otaki/Arii make some beautifully detailed 1/50 Japanese steam locomotives. There’s also some rolling stock out there although I’ve never seen any of it on eBay.

If you’re looking for diorama items, visit https://www.rustyrail.com/

He makes all sorts of O scale/1:48 castings such as shelves with oil cans and gears and tools on them, benches for workshops, junk piles, air compressors, ruins, many of which were reviewed on Railroad Modeling.

Sometimes the photographs load, sometimes not. If you’d like to see some of the images, I’ll try to wholesome out of my personal archives.

1 Like

Thank you JPTRR, i really appreciate all the helpful information. I plan to dig into it a little bit further tomorrow.
have a great rest of your evening.
Anthony

Is what you are describing the difference between O-Guage and O-scale 2 rail?