1/72 Ace Models Centurion mk 5/1 LR, RAAC | Armorama

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://armorama.com/news/1-72-ace-models-centurion-mk-5-1-lr-raac
2 Likes

Too bad about the tracks. But the model looks outstanding and I like the scene you created.

Mario

2 Likes

you’ve done a cracking job on that kit, well done indeed.

1 Like

Hi Shane,
You’ve done a great job, it seems on a higher scale, it hurts about the tracks.
Still a “great little” model.
Maybe with some conveniently positioned bushes or vegetation, you could cover what you don’t like about the tracks …
Cheers and TC
Francis. :+1:

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words gents. Appreciate the feedback :grinning: :grinning:
This kit was a learning curve, I should have known better than to use pigment fixer on the tracks and used acrylic products only, I certainly won’t make the mistake on the next one.

Shane

Nice build. Shied away from the “colorful” markings. As I have two of these kits waiting to be built and a concern with the tracks, I emailed OKB asking if they’d consider dong resin replacements. Their reply was that there is “no business sense” in doing tracks for a short-run kit. Maybe if they received more input they’d reconsider.
Bob

Bob, that’s a pity especially considering that Ace have expanded the line of centurion and have included them all in the new catalogue. The tracks on these are very soft and even mild solvent seems to cause issue sadly you can see the result above. A pity because the other kit detail is so nice.

Shane